XIV. Risk Takers

Swinging my hair over my shoulder, I closed my car door and proceeded towards the small cafe. The little bell rattled above the door as I opened it, almost immediately catching Jacks attention.

"Hey" He smiled as I walked over to the booth.

I returned the smile, "Hey, how are you?" I asked, settling myself in the seat.

"I'm great, how about you?"

I nodded and bit my lip, raising my eyebrows as I inhaled deeply, "Rather interesting morning."

"Really?" He asked, "Tell me all about it."

I tittered, "Well first off, why didn't you tell me about the video dropping yesterday?"

He shrugged, "I honestly forgot and I expected the director or someone to notify you, my apologies."

I sighed and shook my head, "It's fine, no big deal." I dismissed, "But for the good and bad news, which one would you like first?"

Jack licked his lips, "Um, bad news." He chose.

I cringed softly, "Well, I'm going to have to take a rain check for our date tomorrow." I revealed.

His eyebrows furrowed and it was obvious he was slightly disappointed, "Aw man, why?" He inquired.

I smiled proudly, clasping my hands together on the table, "I'm going to be flying to New York to walk the runway during Fashion Week." I bit my lip, straining myself from squealing.

Jacks eyes widen and his mouth fell slightly agape, "Are you serious?" He asked completely shocked.

I nodded, still biting onto my bottom lip, "Yes! Crazy right!" I lowly exclaimed, not wanting to cause a scene.

"That's amazing, Brielle! I'm so happy for you, wow." He gushed.

I grinned, "Thank you, so is it alright if I cancel our date for tomorrow? I promise I'll make it up to you when I get back."

Jack waved his hand at me, "Its fine, Brielle. This is a great opportunity for you, totally reasonable. At least you're not blowing me off for something small." He shrugged, chortling softly.

"I'd never, I was honestly looking forward to it." I replied honestly.

"Well, we could always reschedule for tonight?" He raised his eyebrow.

I sighed, "I wish but I have to pack for a whole week tonight, it's gonna take awhile." I felt bad, blowing him off again.

Jack nodded dispiritedly, "It's fine, I understand."

I lowered my eyes and pouted my lips slightly, "Hey," placing my hand ontop of his, "How about we hang out for a few hours right now?" I suggested.

Jack smiled and nodded, "That sounds great, what'd you have in mind."

I pursed my lips out to the side and hummed slightly, tapping my fingers on the table, "Wanna play it safe or take a risk?" I questioned with a smirk.

"With you?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I nodded in reply.

"I'll take a risk any day with you."

* * * *

"Full throttle here we come!" I smirked, grabbing Jacks arm as we entered Six Flags.

The full throttle was a brand new ride here at Six Flags and it features the tallest vertical loop in the world. Now I've heard some pretty shady comments about it and I would always say I'd never get on it.

Never say never I guess.

Jack and I stood in line which was pretty long so it gave me time to prepare myself. I sighed, clasping my hands together as I looked down. It looked like I was praying but, in all honestly, I was looking at my outfit.