XXXVII. I Know

Brielle's POV

My eyes widen slightly and I froze. Jack had brought up that he thinks he loved me awhile ago but this time, he looked for sure. I rubbed my lips together, trying to stop my jaw from dropping.

"Really?" I struggled to say, my voice shaky.

Jack nodded, "Yeah, I know I told you this before but I wasn't completely sure." He exhaled through his nose, "I am now though." He nodded in confidence.

I raised my eyebrows in shock, "Wow," I huffed, "I didn't expect that at all." I tittered.

Jack laughed, "I know, it was unexpected but I had to say it." He shook his head, raising his eyebrows, "It's been on my mind for like a week now." He rubbed my waist up and down.

I grinned, staring into his eyes not knowing what to say. Did I love Jack? I hadn't really thought about it but I know my feelings for him were serious. He's been everything that I could ask for in a man, and I was very grateful.

"Don't stress about saying it back." He added, "I can tell it's going through your head right now."

"I can tell you that my feelings for you are real."

Jack nodded, "That's all I need to know right now."

I gave him a big toothless grin, holding his face and leaning up to kiss him again. His hands slid around to my back, holding me closer to him as his lips moved poetically against mine. He began to rock us from side to side, then left to right. A smile appeared on both of our lips whilst we continued to kiss.

I don't remember the last time I've been this happen.

* * * *

"I knew it." Marie smiled, popping a chip into her mouth.

I had just finished telling Marie of the unexpected words that so effortlessly flowed out of Jack's mouth earlier that day.

"Really?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She nodded, "He always gave you that look you'd see in like a Nicholas Sparks movie. He could never keep his hands off you. He just makes it obvious." She shrugged, a happy grin on her face.

I hummed, "I had no idea." I shook my head, "Okay that's a lie. When we had a fight awhile back he told me he thought he loved me."

"Yeah but now he's for sure huh?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Well," Marie sighed, "now the question is, do you love him?"

I placed my hands over my face, "That's the thing, I-I don't know." I let my hands drop sloppily as I slouched in my seat, "I never really thought seriously about it. I mean I like him, a lot." I kept my focus on my lap as I went through all of this in my head, "He's been amazing and someone I can count on since I got to know him. He makes me happier than any guy I've been with and I've never smiled so hard. Even through all the drama I've been going through and I've gone through, he hasn't left and continues to stay by my side." I stopped talking and looked up at Marie who was already giving me the look.

"Do I-"

Marie nodded, "Yup." She smirked.

I raised my eyebrows, speechless. All this time I hadn't been able to realize it because of me working and focusing on the future of my career. But as I sat there and talked about Jack, I knew.