XXVIII. All Eyes

Brielle's POV
A Few Days Later

Today was nerve racking. I was
Informed last night that I needed to attend a meeting concerning a position for a fashion company. They never told me what it was but they said it was good news so I was instantly excited.

Lately I've been doing a lot of work so hopefully, I'll be offered to help manage a company. Not only would I have more money but I'd have my dream career. Just the thought of it made me extremely anxious.

Today was now the day and I had woke up an hour early to make sure I was dressed to perfection. Since my mom still wasn't here from her trip, I had relied on Marie for critic.

"Marie, I'm so fucking nervous." I whined as I ran my hand over my nude bodycon dress with a slit on the bottom in the back. Marie picked it out.

"You need to relax." She sighed, shaking her head.

I shook my hands, "How do you get rid of nerves quickly? I have to leave in like 10 minutes."

Marie stood up and grabbed my shoulders, "Just breathe."

I nodded and closed my eyes, inhaling and exhaling deeply. In the middle of my breathing session, my doorbell started singing quickly. I ripped open my eyes and pushed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Expecting someone?" Marie asked, confusion also written on her face.

"No, and I have to leave like now." I sighed loudly, grabbing my red heels and bag before jogging down the stairs.

I walked quickly towards the door and opened it, "Wha-Jack?"

"Hey!" He said out of breath, some flowers and a Starbucks in his hand, "I know I'm late and you have to leave soon but I told you last night I'd be here before you left so here I am. And I bought you a
frappuccino because I know how much you love it and some flowers just because." He said rushed and all in one breath.

I couldn't help but smile wide, "Jack, this is so sweet." I took the flowers out of his hands.

"I'll put these in some water for you." Marie pulled her lips into her mouth as she gently took them from my hands, trying to hold back a smile.

I nodded and looked back at Jack, "Thank you," I took the I really appreciate this but I really gotta go." I took the Starbucks and sipped it, moaning softly at the deliciousness.

Jack nodded, "Yeah of course!" He kissed my cheek, "Good luck."

"I'll call you guys later!" I exclaimed as I raced out of the house and towards my car.

I hopped inside, throwing my shoes in the passenger seat along with my bag and sat my drink in the cup holder. I took a deep breathe before starting the car, here goes nothing.

* * * *

My heel tapped on the marble floor anxiously, I was in the waiting room waiting for them to call my name. This moment reminded me of when I was auditioning for Jack and Jack's video. A small smile formed upon my lips as I thought of him.

I know we had ran into a little bump on our "relationship" but I do believe in giving chances. For me, it's like baseball; three strikes and you're out. He's on his first strike right now and hopefully his only.

"Brielle White?" An young man called for me. Tall, lightskin and very handsome.

I stood up from my seat, took a deep breath and walked towards him with a friendly smile. I reached out my hand for him to shake, "It's a pleasure to meet you.." I trailed off, waiting for his name.