XLII. Catch Up

The Next Day

Brielle's POV

Thankful for my day off, I decided to call up Marie since we've both been so busy and haven't seen each other in so long. Thankfully she as well wasn't busy and was more than excited to hang out with me.

As I waited at the ice cream/froyo shop in downtown LA, my phone keep vibrating due to text from Jack. After I told him his little "punishment", I had him leave. He was so reluctant but nonetheless he left, pouting and telling me he loves me.

I smiled softly as I opened the text messages.

From Jack:
Is this strike seriously a thing? I fuckin miss you already :(

I've never had a girl go on strike on me, I don't know how to feel right now

You're definitely one of a kind

Will you still talk to me during these two weeks or is that off limits as well?

I laughed, loving the affect this was having on him and it's barely even been 24 hours. Maybe this will be harder than I expected. The situation wasn't that bad but I had to let him know, I don't like being lied to or potentially played. I don't know her motives when it comes to asking Jack and Jack with "help" on her music. I'm not trying to risk it either.

"Brielle!" Marie exclaims happily as she enters the shop, a huge smile on her face.

I stand up and engulf her in a huge tight hug, swaying us from side to side, "Oh how I've missed you!" I exhaled.

"I've missed you too!" She sighs, pulling away and giving me a happy smile.

"Here sit! We have to catch up."

* * * *

An hour later

"I can't believe all this stuff has happened in both our lives in only a few months." Marie's eyebrows were raised and she ate some froyo.

"What's happened in yours? I've been talking about me this whole time." I laughed.

She let out a deep exhale, "Man I don't even know where to start." She paused, looking up at the ceiling, "Oh! I finish my second year of college in two weeks! I'm throwing a party that weekend and I need you to come." She smiled.

"Give me the date and I'll make sure I'm free."

She clasped her hand together, "Oh thank you!" She was so excited.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm so proud of you! I can't believe it's been two years already." I tilted my head with a smile.