XVII. Small Gesture

One Week Later

"Home sweet home!" I exclaimed, plopping down on my bed with a deep exhale.

"I know, you missed me. Don't have to tell me twice." Marie flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"I never said it once." I remarked with a smirk.

She gasped, throwing a pillow at me, "You're so rude!" She whined with a light chuckle.

I giggled, "I was kidding, of course I missed you." I sat up, leaning my head back.

"When are you going to see Jack?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

I shrugged, "Probably tomorrow, that's when he's taking me out to dinner." I explained.

"Did you let him know you were home yet?"

"No," I shook my head, "I mean I just got in literally five minutes ago."

Marie nudged my shoulder, "Well call him then!" She exclaimed.

"You have such a strange obsession with us two," I put my hand on her shoulder, "Marie, I think you need some help." I said in a serious tone.

She sucked her teeth at me, "I just know when two people should be together." She shrugged.

I squinted my eyes at her, "Yeah sure, just like how you "knew" Devon and I belonged together." I rolled my eyes.

"That was a mishap, my radar was off and I've already apologized for that." She dismissed with a wave of her hand.

"What about Connor and I?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

She rolled her eyes, "That is the past, leave it in the past."

"Now that I think about it, every guy you've hooked me up with were complete assholes. Maybe I shouldn't pursue anything with Jack."

"Now that's not fair, you met him on your own. I just ship it really hard." She nudged my arm.

I chortled, "I was just kidding, that wouldn't be fair to him." I stood up from my bed and walked over to my suitcase.

"I need to do some laundry and take a shower then I'll call him." I picked up all the clothes in my suitcase, proceeding to walk into the laundry room a few doors down.

"Fine, I guess." She laid back on the bed with a plop, making her hair spread out around her.

* * * *
3:36PM

Four hours later, all my clothes were washed, dried and hung up or put in my dresser while I had just gotten out of the shower.

"It's only 11 something, but why does it feel like it's 2 something. We're just vibing, we just cruising baby. Forever me and you, cause I'm losing track of time. And I hope I'm not wasting my time, my time, my time, my time."

Music blasted throughout my room as I sung along, moving around to the music while Marie occasionally put me on snapchat.

I had changed into a black short sleeved cropped top and a pair of white thin fabric shorts with black palm tree designs printed on them.

My hair was down in waves due to the French braids I had put in my hair a few hours ago. I was currently finishing up my makeup, adding the last finishing touches of mascara.

"When are the boys coming over?" I asked, turning down the music slightly.

"Any minute now I guess, they said around 3:30." Marie answered, waving her legs in the air to the beat of the music.

Almost on cue, the door bell rang making Marie hop up and sprint down the stairs. I couldn't help but laugh at her as I slid on a pair of socks and my black and white converse.

I grabbed my phone and beats pill speaker and walked down the stairs, music blaring out of the beats pill. I hopped down the stairs to the beat of the song, singing along still.

"I know you been going through some things, wanna get away, baby let me be your vacation. That other trick you been fucking with is a trip you know she be playing, baby I am just saying."

"Aye!" Sam shouted, hearing the music and began nodding his head.

I laughed, shaking my head at him before pausing the music, "What's up guys." I smiled at them.

"What's up Brielle, how've you been?" Johnson gave a quick side hug.

I nodded, "I've been great honestly, just got back from NYC."

"Yeah Jack told us, how was it miss runway model?" Sam smirked, sipping on a half empty bottle of water.

"Nerve racking but all around a really cool experience." I sat down my phone and speaker on the counter in the kitchen, hopping up on the counter.

"Hey beautiful." Jack smirked, standing in between my legs so he could give me a big hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while his was around my waist, he began rocking us from side to side. My face was buried in the space between his neck and shoulder just like his.

"How cute." Marie cooed, a smirk on her lips.

I laughed, pulling away from Jacks embrace, "Don't start." I raised my eyebrow at her.

She lifted her hands up in defense, "Hey, don't mind me." She tried holding back a smile, "Love birds." She mumbled before walking out into the living room with Sam and Johnson.

"Are you excited for tomorrow night?" Jack asked, rubbing the sides of my thighs.

I nodded, "Very excited, I can't wait to see how spontaneous you can be." I rested my arms on his shoulders while I played in his hair.

"I hope you like it, I've been planning stuff out all week." He grinned softly.

"I'm sure it'll be great, I'm not that hard to please I promise." I reassured him.

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows with a playful smirk.

I rolled my eyes and hit his chest lightly, "Hormonal teenager." I playfully scoffed.

"It's your fault, tease." He remarked with a titter.

"It is not." I remarked.

"Is so."

"Is not!" I exclaimed.

"Is so."

"Jack I'm not arguing with you like a five year old over this." I smiled.

"Are too." He smirked.

Laughter erupted from my mouth as I shook my head, grabbing his face and squeezing it, "You are literally a child."

Jack attempted to smile with squished cheeks as he held onto my wrist, "I missed you." He said, moving my hands away.

"Did you really miss me or are you just saying that because you think it's something I wanna hear?" I interrogated.

"I really did miss you, I've become pretty fond of you." He grinned softly, playing with my hands.

I smiled, "I think it's fair to say I've also become pretty fond of you." I admitted, shrugging my left shoulder.

All Jack did was let out a breathy laugh and wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Such a small gesture yet such an amazing feeling.