XXVII. W.D.Y.W?

Brielle's POV
A Week Later

So many phone calls — more like missed and forwarded calls — from none other than Jack Gilinsky. Even text messages, he wasn't letting up. I didn't wanna look at him as clingy but, that's what it looks like from another person's point of view.

I knew he wasn't clingy though, more apologetic than anything. He just wanted me to forgive him and talk to him.

Avoiding Jack for a whole week was honestly kind of hard. I had ran into him earlier and he stopped what he was doing instantly and came up to me, nearly begging me to talk to him. I didn't say anything, I just pushed him away and shook my head.

I felt slightly guilty, maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt. But I also know my worth and know how great of a woman I am. Any man who didn't think I wasn't enough for him and felt the need to be with another woman at the same time, isn't worth my time.

But I could tell Jack regretted it — or he was at-least a great actor.

"Why has Jack called you for the fifth time since you seen him earlier? What's going on between you two? You ignored him." Marie asked, sipping her water.

Marie and I were currently at a cute little restaurant seated outside since it was a beautiful breezy 93 degrees. We decided a little catch up/gossip lunch was needed. We hadn't been spending as much time together as we used to.

I shrugged, "We..are taking a break." I squinted my right eye, looking away from her.

"Why?" She dragged out, raising her eyebrow.

I sighed, "He hooked up with another girl while he was talking to me. I won't compete with any girl." I explained, straightening out my grey knee length skirt.

"What?!" Her eyebrows rose and eyes widen, "Well who the hell was the girl?"

"Madison Beer."

Marie laughed almost instantly, doubling over in laughter, "Wait," she held her stomach, "She's a child, she's like 13!"

"16. Newly turned 16." I bit my lip, kind of embarrassed.

Marie finally stopped laughing, "He's so fucking stupid." She shook her head, "No wonder he looked so upset when you had walked past him, he knew he lost out on something amazing." She smiled sweetly.

I returned the smile, "Thanks. It's just, it was so unexpected y'know? I thought we could actually take that next step in our "relationship", but I guess not." I shrugged.

Marie tapped my hand, "Hey! You are not allowed to be upset because of this. He's not worth your tears or sadness."

She was right. Jack didn't deserve any tears or even a threat of tears. He also didn't deserve my sadness. He lost out, not me. He's the dumb one, not me.

I smiled, "Thank you, Marie. This is why you're my best friend."

Marie smiled wide and playfully flipped her hair, "Oh, look food!"

* * * *

Later That Afternoon

I finally sorted between my paperwork for work and sighed in relief. I pulled my hair up into a quick top knot bun and stood up from my chair.

I pulled down my grey and black sweat-shorts and fixed my Calvin Klein halter top. I slid my way out of the small little office in my house and into the kitchen.

I look over at the time to see its 6:37pm and I should probably start dinner. I swing open the refrigerator, humming a tune quietly to myself as I scanned the options.