8: meltdown and wonder

The next morning, Usopp's POV

Walking downstairs with Franky and into the kitchen, the rest of the crew are hanging out waiting for breakfast talking to Balthazar and a girl with snow blonde hair" who is she?" I asked," this is my roommate Bath Kol, everyone just calls her Kol." Balthazar said," so your specialty is water isn't it?" She asked," Yeah, why?" Jinbei asked," you can go to cloud sea and see if your Fishman karate works up here, others have tried and failed." Kol explained.

Jinbei hummed" if you say so, I'll go after breakfast." He said when Franky started having a meltdown over the heat dial oven and rushed over to examine it" what is this?" He asked," that's a heat dial, we incorporate those in our everyday lives and that's what is left of sky shellfish when they die, they're littered all over the place." Balthazar said," are there any more, there's one on the waver we have and I have no idea how it works." Franky said.

"Brook has a tone dial in his head, it's a voice recorder basically." Sanji said," you're serious?!" Franky nearly shrieked" is that true? Oh god, then that makes the grim reaper over here all the more trippy and terrifying." Balthazar said uneasily" yes, it's true, I do have a tone dial in my head." Brook said," I don't want to know." He said shuddering violently.

"I have a whole bunch in my bag and I've used them, is there a store where he can fanboy over these?" I asked," there's a dial shop in town." Balthazar said," I can't wait." Franky said sitting down and grinning widely" hey Jinbei, can I tag along to watch if your Fishman karate works in cloud water?" She asked," why not, sure." He said," can I hang out at the training school and watch the students train?" Luffy asked.

"People ask that all the time, yes you can but I must warn you the place is insane, the prank war that Shanks started never ended when he left, it just continued so use observation to avoid the traps littered around the school," Balthazar said, Nami spluttered, I looked at him incredulously.

" the prank war he started has lasted 32 years?" She asked," pretty much, the most memories are made there aside from free-falling and playing pop goes the Brikin having another classmate crash into a giant pile of leaves or a mud slick, the ultimate goal at the end of the day is to try and have someone crash into the massive mud pit at the other end of the island for an epic mud fight and that's only happened once 300 years ago." He explained.

"Oh, okay, pirates that come here and reunite sometimes find that place and have no holds bar mud wars restricting fruit abilities and observation or not bothering to restrict it, I see where you're going," Sanji said, a smirk coming onto his face" you make that sound like we're going to get floored, Sanji and Yamato learned moonwalk, Zoro and Brook can fly since there substitute soul reapers, Luffy learned moonwalk when we were at Marie Jois torching the place 2 months ago, Chopper can ride Zeus with Nami, Franky has cou de boom with his farts leaving me, Robin, and Jinbei grounded...OH MY GOD, THAT'S GOING TO BE FREAKING EPIC!!" I listed off then freaked out slamming my hands on the counter.

"That's true since Roux is the fastest out of the crew, how I know this is basically flooring everyone in a snowball fight in only 5 minutes and Shanks coming in second," Luffy said," well I'm in the dust for this one," Jinbei grumbled," sorry, that's how it rolls unless you want some jet dial shoes so you can fly," I said, Nami barked a laugh" oh and where were you in the last mud fight we had 2 years ago huh?" She asked then smirked, I spluttered.

"50 feet away hiding behind a tree and sniping everyone that's where," Sanji said, I groaned dropping my head on the counter" what happened?" Yamato asked" it was rain storming when we got to an island, this was like 2 months into the grand line and Luffy ran off after a stampede of kids, we go after him outside the town to a hill where the kids are sliding down a carved out path and he explains that he used to do this after he and the other kids in his village found the place that his grandpa carved out and they had a blast.