Chapter 31 Guilt & confusion

♤♤" Kiss the mouth
which tells you
Here...
Here is the world"♤♤

~ Galway Kinnell

______________________________________________________________________________

Yuri flinched at the sudden contact of his lips on hers, and remained frozen for a second not exactly grasping the whole sense of the situation. However, the feeling she got from that kiss melted away any rational thought and she closed her eyes, kissing back.

Her hand held onto his arm while the other simply tightened on a piece of his hoodie. His mouth worked against hers almost eagerly as his hand trailed down to her neck then her shoulder, sliding around her waist and pulling her closer.

Shifting back, no words were exchanged as their eyes met for a split second, the intensity in the exchange only increased the tension. Yuri's hand trailed behind his neck, pulling him back to her as she crashed her lips to his, her hand trailing up and down his nape making him shiver.
Shifting an inch closer, the young man deepened the kiss which grew more heated, their lips in sync.

None of them could describe how right it felt or admit how long they'd actually been waiting for this. Jungkook could barely think straight, ignoring the fact that his feelings weren't reciprocated, he'd been holding back for so long, and kissing her felt so right... and he didn't want to stop, her touch was so soft and yet so addictive he sighed into the kiss as his hand cupped her face.

She doesn't like you that way. You're ruining any chance of keeping her around.

Pulling away as the words echoed in his head, Jungkook felt like reality just slapped him in the face. His eyes widened as he stared at her, both panting.

"I can't believe-"he breathed out, "I-... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"he trailed off, at loss of words while she blinked a few times, also wondering what that kiss actually meant.
Friends don't kiss, and they certainly don't make out like they did, even though they stopped before it got anymore intimate and escalate to something more.

What were they then, if she enjoyed it, if it felt so right to her? She'd lie if she said she hadn't thought about kissing him these times when they openly flirted with each other or found themselves caught up in a moment. She hadn't put too much thought into it though.

Were they ever really just friends? The questions invading her heart and mind made her step back with a stunned expression, missing the way Jungkook's sorry expression fell into a crestfallen one, already believing he'd messed everything up.

"Yuri-"he tried but she shook her head, holding up her hand to stop him from saying anything.

"I'm sorry, I just need to... I'm gonna go.."she pointed at the door looking unsure of what to do. She nodded her head, mumbling a few words and repeating: "yeah I'm gonna go."