Chapter 40 : The trauma

♤♤"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear"♤♤

~Billie Eilish

______________________________________________________________________________

!TW! : blood, explosion, trauma, gunshots and heavy loss. Traumatic experience explained so don't read if you're uncomfortable.
You've been warned lovelies ❤

______________________
__________________________________

Frozen in surprise for a second, Jungkook turned around and took in her presence, instantly letting out a breath as though being able to breathe better just by looking at her, and that gentle smile she wore only for him.

"Yuria..."he let out surprised, quickly trying to compose himself as she walked up to him. Her eyes scanned his face and reached up to draw a strand of hair from his forehead, letting her finger graze his cheek. The young man simply stared at her, too many thoughts going through his head.

"What is it that's keeping you so tensed and worked up about?"she murmured almost for herself and to him out of concern. The young man tensed slightly and attempted a reassuring smile.

"I'm okay. I can handle it."

"I know."she said simply, knowing he could but would not want to show some vulnerability right now. So she decided on a different way.

"I wanna hold you."Yuri stated out of the blue. "May I?"she asked gently, hands carefully set on his arms. There was something striking in the look he received, he couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was, but he knew she understood, somehow...

With a small nod of the head, Jungkook let out a shaky breath, feeling his walls break down as gentle arms wrapped him in a tight caring embrace. Tears once more brimmed his eyes, and he nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, drawing small breaths. Yuri held him carefully, one hand on his nape, playing with his hair to soothe him.