The Longest Night Of Their Lives

"Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung frowned over to the couch, the loud sound of chattering teeth catching his attention. The room was black, not a shred of light being offered by the moon which stood high in the sky. Taehyung could only just see his misty breath in front of him as he kept he attention solely focused on the window.  "Are you okay?"

The young boy didn't get an answer and, due to the room still being so dark, he couldn't see anything other than shadowy silhouettes from the couch, no matter how much he squinted. 

"Hyung?" He asked again, hoping the elder would answer. 

But he didn't. 

Taehyung subtly pulled the curtain aside, checking the area before walking over to the couch. The trees were rustling, outside, but the boy pinned it down to the rough winter winds and paid no mind to it.

To his surprise though, Yoongi was fast asleep on the floor with a pillow under his head, coat and blanket laying over him comfortably. Taehyung looked up at the couch to see Jimin sitting up, knees pulled to his chest as he shivered violently. 

"You fucking idiot," Taehyung sighed, stepping over Yoongi and stealing the blanket back, sitting next to Jimin on the couch. "What the hell are you thinking?" 

"H-he w-was c-c-cold a-and..." Jimin stuttered as he held his own thin jacket around himself, looking up at his best friend who glared at him.

"And now you're hypothermic," Taehyung shook his head, little shivers leaving his own lips as he pulled the boy close to him and wrapped the blanket around his shoulders before he could argue. "Are you stupid, do you want him to kill you? Do you want me to kill you?" 

"But... I j-just..." Jimin tried but Taehyung just pulled him into his arms, holding him close to warm him up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know," Taehyung sighed, rubbing his hand up and down the boy's back, hoping he hadn't gotten too cold in the short amount of time. Though, the bitter temperature in the room made him worry it was too late. "You're too fucking nice. It's your cross to bear, Chim." 

"I'm n-n-not n-nice," Jimin shook his head against the younger's shoulder, teeth still chattering like crazy. "Anything b-but..."

"Do you need me to call you stupid again?" Taehyung asked, abruptly stopping his comforting movements, just for Jimin to shake his head again, sheepishly. "Then just be quiet. When you're a bit calmer, we'll walk around. Get you warmed up more."

"Wh-what about Yoon?" 

"He's fine, Jiminah," Taehyung said, growing slightly annoyed at his friend's glaringly obvious lacking sense of self-worth. "Can't you just think of yourself, just once? Come on now, up. Let's have a wander around the house, see if there's anything worth grabbing upstairs. Though, I doubt it."

He moved away and was about to help the older boy off the couch when a loud banging came from the front door. So loud, it sounded like the door was about to come off its hinges, had it not been for the bookcase holding it in place.

"For fuck's sake..." The youngest groaned, holding Jimin as he suddenly jumped in his arms. Yoongi was immediately woken by the noise, on his feet in seconds. "It's alright, the door's blocked. They can't get in." 

"The fuck is going on?" Yoongi exclaimed, fear striking him as he woke up more. He saw Seokjin's coat fall to his feet and instantly shot Jimin a small glare, but the boy didn't notice, rather he kept his wide eyes trained on the living room doorway. 

"Shush," Taehyung scolded, frowning at the elder before going back to the window to peep through the curtain. "If we're quiet, they'll just go away."