Invitation

You sit in the darkness of your apartment studio with the blinds of the window down. The sun still manages to slip through the cracks to shine some light inside despite you not wanting to see it. Your fingernails tap against the marble table where you sit in silence. An envelope lays on the table with only your name written in cursive. You don't have to open the letter to know who's sent it.

How long has it been since the higher ups reached out to you? Six? Seven? No, it's been nine years. What did those old men want with you now?

You've long graduated from Tokyo Jujutsu High. You highly doubt this is an invitation for a high school reunion. The time didn't line up.

Your eyes glare at the envelope as if you can burn it right then and there. But your sorcery powers can't do such a thing. You stand up from your seat, deciding to leave the daunting apartment. You grab your car keys off the kitchen island table and sling your purse over your shoulder.

Your eyes cast to the side where your sniper rifle is propped up. Shaking your head, you leave your weapon behind. You're not going out on a mission so there's no need for you to bring it with you. You'll just blend in as a normal civilian today.

Before leaving the apartment, you turn to look to your right where a photo frame hangs near the front door. Your eyes don't linger long on the photo as you feel your wounds open. Non-figuratively of course. Parting your lips, you whisper to no one. "I'll be off Suguru."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Gojo wears a devilish smirk, his steps slowing to a halt. "I wonder what that old geezer wants this time." He raises his blindfold halfway to stare at the Japanese architectural style building in front of him. He senses someone nearby and swiftly lowers his blindfold before turning around towards the person.

As the person walks closer, Gojo tilts his head slightly, his smirk widening into a smile. "Well, well, well. Is that my favorite 9-5 employee?"

Nanami grumbles, his nostrils flaring slightly from the early annoyance. Seeing Gojo here only means that the old man must be in dire need of help. Nanami doubts Gojo willingly came here with his own two feet with how much hatred he has for the higher ups and the way they run things.

"I'm guessing you received a letter as well?" Nanami keeps his words curt, his steps coming to a stop in front of Gojo. Gojo reaches into his pocket, flashing the folded invitation between two fingertips. Nanami casts his eyes over to the raised paper before pulling his own out of his tan blazer pocket.

"Do you have any idea why we're being summoned?" Gojo stashes his invitation away, his heels turning around and his arms folded behind his head as he begins to walk towards the building. Nanami shakes his head, remaining silent as he follows behind Gojo. With a smirk, Gojo speaks playfully. "I'm sure whatever they called us both for, will be entertaining."

"Be mindful of how you speak to them Gojo." Nanami speaks with a firm tone. Gojo groans in response, his eyes rolling beneath his blindfold. Their conversation fades into a silence as they walk through the still building. The two stop short of the door. Gojo looks over to Nanami, insisting for him to be the one to announce the two are here. Nanami refrains from sighing under his breath, he extends his arm out, knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" A deep voice echoes from inside the office.

"Nanami Kento and Gojo Satoru, sir."

"Come in."

Nanami places his hand on the golden doorknob, turning it left to unlock it. As he begins to step inside, Gojo cuts him off, welcoming himself in first. A silent sigh slips past Nanami's lips before he closes the door behind him.