He's her peace

You stare at the sundress that clings onto your body, your palms growing clammy. Is this too much? You're not exactly sure where this date will lead. Nanami didn't seem to have an idea either but maybe he was bluffing. You tuck a few stray hairs behind your ear.

You took the time to put on makeup and stylize your hair. It's been forever since you've gone out on a date and you wanted to make a good impression for Nanami. Usually you wouldn't care about things like this. You had no one to impress but now you do. Your face heats up at the thought of Nanami being your boyfriend.

Your heart flutters and you feel your stomach flip at the thought. Tearing your eyes away from the mirror, you hurry to slip on a pair of comfortable flats. You walk over to the bathroom to apply some sunscreen before grabbing your purse off the bed. A faint knock comes from the front of the room. You gulp, anxiousness littering your body.

You take a quick glance at yourself in the mirror that hangs on the wall. Seeing that nothing is in disarray, you hurry on over to the door. "Sorry for making you wai--" Your words fall from your tongue when you're rendered speechless by Nanami. You can't help but gaze at him up and down.

You're used to his office like outfit that he always wears. But seeing him in a simple outfit like a plain white v-neck tee and a pair of denim jeans with sneakers is refreshing. His hair reminds you of his high school years. It falls flat, resting on the sides of his face and his bangs falling forward onto the right side of his face. You catch your jaw dropping slowly.

Clearing your throat, a blush streaks your face. "You look...good Kento." Your voice comes out in a squeak. Mentally you curse yourself for acting so stiff. Nanami gulps, his Adams apple bobbing against his throat. The tips of his ears redden and he gingerly touches the strap of your summer dress.

"You do too, Y/N. The dress looks lovely on you." Nanami sheepishly mutters under his breath. He refrains from gazing too long in certain areas. You're sure of it with the way his eyes nervously darts around. Reaching up, you grab his hand and lace yours with them. You turn sideways to close the door behind you.

"Where are we off to Kento?" You form a tiny smile on your face, feeling Nanami pull you along towards the elevator. He presses the bottom button, fetching the elevator for the two of you. You feel a gentle squeeze to your hand from him.

Nanami scratches the back of his neck, eyes looking towards the parting open elevator doors. "Well, I figured we should explore the city. I know we did that yesterday but it's different when it's just the two of us. Maybe go to a bakery and share lunch together...like you wanted."

Nanami purses his lips, feeling shy when he brings up your final words to him before you had passed away. A smile tugs on your lips when you listen to him. Your words back then must've weighed heavily on his mind. You squeeze his hand in response before the two of you enter the elevator. "So you do listen to the things I say."

Nanami scrunches his nose innocently, his eyes staring down at you. "Of course. Especially during a moment like that. I held onto every single word that fell off your tongue, Y/N. I may disagree with your actions but I make sure to listen."

You feel your heart skip from his response. An overwhelming feeling spreads throughout your chest, causing you to hug Nanami. He stiffens from your tight embrace before resting his arms around your frame. The sound of the elevator ding pulls you away from him. "I love you Kento." You sweetly say to him as the two of you leave the hotel.

Nanami's heart skips from how easily Y/N says those words to him. He's been the one to shower her with that phrase but hearing it back feels just as heartwarming. His face easily reddens and it's not from the heat that smacks him in the face when he leaves the air conditioned hotel. Nanami doesn't have a chance to return Y/N's words when he feels her tug him forward. Y/N spots an ice-cream cart not too far from the hotel.