Friends? Enemies? Lovers?

You swallow your saliva that builds up in your throat. Awkward is an understatement to what you're currently feeling. Being this close to Nanami is definitely an odd feeling. You're still trying to process the idea that you're alive. Resurrecting the dead seems unrealistic, a dream really.

The thought dawns on you. You push yourself off of Nanami to stare at your wound. The area is completely healed up with a scar in it's place. You can't help but slip up and share your childish insecure side to Nanami with the whine you release. "This scar will never heal..." You murmur under your breath.

"Who cares about the scar Y/L/N. You're alive. That's what matters the most, you idiot." Nanami croaks out his words, he casts his eyes to the side to not stare. You purse your lips, covering yourself completely in Gojo's jacket.

"Easy enough for you to say. You're not going to be the one to see the scar every day. I'll have to change my wardrobe up now." You frown at the thought of how your skin will never be clear of scars. More so than usual. You worry that no one will love you with the scar you now have.

Nanami presses his pointer finger between your knit brows. "You're sulking about something." His low voice pulls at your attention. You stare at Nanami, getting a better look at him. You realize how bloodshot and swollen his eyes are. Not only that, but he's covered in blood, cuts, and bruises.

Neither of you had the time to notice each other's injuries. You cast your eyes down, staring at your hands. Feeling guilty that you're the cause of his wounds, you bite your lower lip to utter an apology. "Sorry." Nanami wears a look of surprise, his eyebrow raising up. "I've made you go through hell tonight. If only I stopped their plans sooner--"

"Y/N." Nanami sternly says your first name. You raise your eyes away from your hands to look at the blonde man. "Can you stop thinking about yourself for a second?" His narrowed eyes soften when he notices your dejected look. You feel personally attacked but you refrain from arguing with him.

You cast your eyes to the side, remaining quiet. An uncomfortable silence fills the lack of conversation. You startle when you feel Nanami's hand rest on the left side of your head. He pushes you against him, the right side of your head meeting his chest. You hear Nanami's heartbeat loud and clear. It's beating at an unhealthy fast rate.

His voice rumbles in your ear when he speaks above you. "Don't feel guilty for the actions that happened tonight. None of us expect you to shoulder everything by yourself. You were crazy enough to join the villains and formed your own group within it. That's a lot of courage in itself. I can't imagine doing the same thing if I were in your position."

"Let's be honest, you wouldn't have been able to take on Mahito and Suguru's lookalike by yourself. Even with the help of four other curse users." Nanami tries to lighten the mood. You scrunch your nose in response, pinching his side. He refrains from reacting to your childish behavior. The conversation comes to a pause.

A ripple of goosebumps litter your arms when you feel Nanami's fingers comb through your hair. His fast heartrate continues to thump loudly in your ear. "I'm sorry I couldn't act sooner. If only I moved out of the way, you wouldn't have jumped in front of me. Things wouldn't have escalated the way they did if I only moved." Nanami's hand stops, his fingers wrapped around your hair.

Nanami let's out a ragged exhale, he inhales deeply to recollect his thoughts. He's starting to ramble and he's forgetting the purpose of this conversation. His eyes cast down to Y/L/N's head. He's surprised she's remain so still and quiet for him. That's so unlike her. But he's not being himself right now either.

You part your lips to fill the empty silence. "I told you earlier that I was your guardian angel." You slowly pull yourself away, staring at Nanami when you sit up straight. The corner of your lips curl into a tiny smile. "I almost went to heaven but I guess you're too hopeless without me around."