A miracle

Nanami stares in horror when Sukuna snatches Y/L/N from his arms. He tried to fight back against Sukuna but with how battered up he already is, Sukuna easily takes Y/L/N away. Sukuna struggles to go far with her body, he's grimacing in pain. From the sights of it, Suguru's lookalike must be trying to gain control. Nanami's mind draws a blank when his frown deepens, a feeling of uselessness consuming him whole.

Within Sukuna, Kenjaku screams out. Sukuna forces his eyes shut, focusing on his inner thoughts.

Inside of Sukuna's thoughts.

Kenjaku glares at Sukuna who sits on his "throne" of the deceased. Sukuna wears a look of annoyance. "You're becoming a nuisance to me Kenjaku. Were you not planning to kill this woman anyway? If anything, you should thank me for taking care of the job."

"Shut up! Bring her back to me!" Kenjaku hollers out, his voice ringing out in the silent space. Sukuna scoffs, his lips curling into a smirk. He rests his cheek on his palm, his elbow propping up.

"Now why should I? Her fate won't be any different if I use my reverse technique on her. She falls under the categories of the people I will kill. Death will always be at her doorstep if I'm in the crossfire." Sukuna sighs, his eyes closing. He's bored of the conversation already.

Kenjaku climbs his way up towards Sukuna. He roughly pulls Sukuna's robe forward, jerking the thousand year old cursed spirit. A dark shadow casts over Kenjaku's eyes, his teeth grinding against each other. "I won't repeat myself Sukuna. Bring her back to life. Give her another chance."

"And I'll repeat myself to you, since you seem to have a hard time hearing. Why. Should. I?" Sukuna digs his fingernails into Kenjaku's hand that grabs hold of his robe. Blood trickles down Kenjaku's arm but his hold on Sukuna remains. The two trade ice-cold glares at one another.

Kenjaku struggles to come up with a reason. He didn't know he would feel this distraught over Y/N. He never cared much for the woman. But overtime, she became the norm in his life. Whether it was an act or not, Kenjaku looked forward to her presence when she would welcome him home. Their small chats about their day and the simplicity of sharing a meal together.

It's been years since Kenjaku experienced something so normal. The act reminding him of how life would be so much easier if he were a human. Maybe in between those months together he had genuinely fallen in love with her as himself and not the man he's taken over. A man who doesn't see the true potential of Y/N is a blind one. That's what Kenjaku truly thinks.

He roughly tears the black scarf off of Sukuna, tossing it behind him. Kenjaku's nostrils flare, the anger in him rising the more he thinks about Y/N's death. Sukuna raises an eyebrow, piqued to see Kenjaku so riled up. "I must say, love may just be as powerful as the desire to achieve success." Sukuna chuckles to himself.

"To think a useless emotion can rile up a man in his thousands of years." Sukuna's chuckle rumbles louder. Kenjaku's annoyed by how much Sukuna is enjoying his misery. He raises his fist to punch the man but Sukuna easily catches Kenjaku's fist in his palm. Sukuna flicks his eyes up, a smug look on his face.

He exhales, knocking his head back before returning his attention to Kenjaku. "Fine. I'll do this as a favor to you since you've been such a loyal subordinate. You have collected ten fingers of mine. But if she dares to jump out at me again, I won't hesitate to end her life."

Kenjaku keeps his steely gaze on Sukuna, unsure if the man will keep his words. He roughly pulls his fist back to his side. "You better keep your word." Sukuna rolls his eyes, waving his hand loosely to shoo Kenjaku away from him. Sukuna closes his eyes, muttering a few words before reawakening to reality. "You're free to watch. I'm a man who keeps his words."