I love you, Y/N. Stay strong.

Six months ago.

The start of the new year is nothing short of excitement. You're on a mission with your fiancé, Suguru Geto. Ideally, the two of you would've spent the first day of the year together in the comfort of your shared apartment. Most likely, cuddling and not leaving the bed for anything other than the bathroom.

But here you are, hiding behind a pillar of an abandoned warehouse. Suguru smiles across from you behind his own pillar. The face you've fallen in love with is battered with bruises and cuts from the cursed spirits. Blood drips from the corner of his lips but he maintains a smile to ease your nerves.

The two of you have been on this specific case for seven years now. You believed this mission would lead no where with how little information you've collected over the years. The target's name is Fushiguro Toji. An intellectual with great connections within the underground world. When you think you're ten steps ahead, he's already hundreds of steps further away.

But not tonight.

Suguru and you have obtained information from an ex-worker of Toji's. The convict barely managed to escape the wrath of Toji a week ago. Thankfully a sorcerer nearby captured the man before the authorities would've. This allowed you and Suguru to interrogate the convict of any information that would be deemed useful.

And the long game of chase is well worth it when the two of you are given the next plan of attack from Fushiguro. He plans to take advantage of the New Year celebration to cause a stir panic within Japan. The first place being Tokyo.

Being a holiday, the amount of crowds are beyond belief. This will be the perfect opportunity for Fushiguro to release a mass murdering. Despite the man not being a curse user himself, you've seen the remnants of the bodies he's left behind. He leaves a person looking unrecognizable.

He's rallied up a force of curse users to aid his war and this warehouse specifically housed the weapons and ammunition needed for tonight's massacre. Suguru's plan is for the two of you to stop the distribution of these lethal weapons. Stopping the start of the war is bound to get Fushiguro's attention. And it definitely is.

You clench your teeth, inhaling and exhaling slowly in attempt to calm down your rapid heartbeat. Your chest feels tight from all the running you've done tonight. But you're no where near the finish line. Behind this pillar lies Fushiguro.

He's lashing out into the emptiness when he finds his supply for tonight's killing tampered with. The veins on Toji's head and arms bulge out, his eyes wavering with anger. "I know you're here! You left a bloody mess in the entrance." His voice rumbles from his throat, the tone sending you chills.

You're not one to be easily afraid. You've witness many cruel things in the world but Fushiguro is an exception. His very existence makes you nervous. He's a human that's able to use curse magic for crying out loud.

Suguru casts his eyes to his left, signaling you to be ready. The two of you have worked your way up to this point to fight against Fushiguro. Prior to this battle, Suguru and you shared a conversation in the car.

"I can't promise you that we'll make it out alive tonight Y/N." Suguru gently cups your face with his hands, his thumbs rubbing against your cheeks in circular motions. Your brows furrow together from Suguru's negativity. You place your hands over top of his, squeezing his hands.

"Let's not assume the worse before we even start, Geto." You glare at him playfully to which he dryly chuckles. He nods his head, pressing a kiss to your forehead. He speaks in a low and dragged out tone.