A vow to one's self

"Christmas?" Kenjaku looks over to Y/N who's brushing her hair after getting out of the shower. She nods her head, a smile on her lips when she looks at him from the bathroom mirror. Kenjaku's breath stifles when he sees her innocent smile. Uraume's words creep up in his mind.

"Are you sure you'll be able to kill her after consuming all twenty Sukuna fingers? I feel like you've only kept her here by your side so you're able to live out these last few happy memories. False memories you're building for yourself."

He shuns the thought away, the corner of his lips pulling into a tiny smile. "What about Christmas?" His black eyes follow Y/N out of the bathroom. She sits beside him with familiarity. It's hard for Kenjaku to differentiate if she's a good actress or not. These past five months Y/N's grown more and more comfortable around him. It's as if she sees Kenjaku as her beloved.

She purses her lips, a nervousness in her eyes that stare at her clasp hands. "Will you be busy that day?" Her words fall from her lips in a soft whisper. Kenjaku finds her adorable but he pushes the thought away as quickly as it came. Personally, Kenjaku didn't care for holidays. It was just another day for him.

Which was why he already planned for an attack that day. The holiday being one where huge crowds of civilians will gather in a single area. Kenjaku gently cups his palms on Y/N's cheeks. His thumb strokes her smooth skin in circular motions. Kenjaku's eyes soften when he looks into Y/N's eyes. "Sorry love, but there's an important job I have to do that day."

The nervous expression on Y/N's face drops. He notices her lips twitch into a frown, her eyes downcast. "Oh." Is the only thing she says. She perks herself up, her eyes returning to him. "Then let's celebrate when you come back. Okay?"

A smile naturally curls on Kenjaku's face. He nods his head, kissing her forehead out of habit. He speaks in a low raspy tone, "Okay. Thank you for understanding Y/N." Kenjaku startles when he feels Y/N's arms around his waist. It's rare when she shows him affection. The farthest Y/N's done is hold his hand.

"Just be sure to come back home." Y/N weakly whispers into his chest. Kenjaku lowers his eyes to the top of her head, his heart racing. This sensation frightens him to his core. He readies to pull her away from him but she moves away first. "You promise to come home, right?"

Kenjaku is unable to focus on Y/N's words. He's too wrapped up in his own personal emotions. Her brows knit together, her lips pursing. Kenjaku's rampant thoughts shatter when he feels something soft and warm make contact against his forehead. "What are you thinking about that's making you ignore me, Geto?"

Kenjaku's lips part open but he's too speechless to say anything. He clears his throat, his jaw tight. "Sorry, love. What were you saying?" Y/N sighs, a shake to her head.

"Make sure you come home for Christmas." She pinches Kenjaku's cheek, a sweet giggle escaping her lips. "Well, it's time for us to sleep. It's getting late." Y/N crawls over to her side of the bed, pulling the blanket up to lay down in. Kenjaku stops her from doing so, his hand on her wrist.

He narrows his eyes on her face before reaching for the end of her damp hair with his fingertips. "You're not going to bed until you dry your hair, Y/N. I don't want you to catch a cold." She rolls her eyes playfully, giving into his terms.

"Fine." She huffs out adorably. Kenjaku watches her return to the bathroom to pull out a hair dryer. He takes a moment to admire her. Spending this much time with her is too dangerous. Kenjaku is beginning to lose sight of his end goal. He lays down on his bed, closing his eyes.

You stare at the mirror to see Kenjaku laying down. You were already aware that Kenjaku would be out during Christmas day. It seems like Kenjaku and Mahito are planning to cause havoc that day. Christmas makes the perfect day of crime for the two. With the amount of people huddling up together in a stationary area.

You were also informed by Choso that they're sending a message to the Jujutsu sorcerers of the location where mass murdering will occur. You mentally scoff at how overly confident Mahito and Kenjaku are. The two plan for Kenjaku to consume the tenth finger that night. You were never present for the other fingers being consumed. Let alone met this Sukuna person in Kenjaku's body.

It seems like Kenjaku has a strong tolerance to hold Sukuna back. Otherwise you wouldn't be standing here right now. Sukuna is known to be the King of Curses. The man well over 1,000 years old. With his and Kenjaku's powers combined, death will come easily.

You've thought about the day frequently. Wondering if there's any way for you to aid in the killing of Mahito, Sukuna, and Kenjaku. You know you're completely under leveled compared to the three. But it's a different story if you have allies by your side. You refrain from scoffing aloud.

The sheer thought of you working as a dependable teammate never crossed your mind. After all the years of doing things alone, you find it ironic how much you're depending on help now. But the help from Junpei and the other three won't be enough. Your eyes cast down to the bracelet around your wrist. You mentally pray the others haven't given up on you.

You'll need the help of Gojo and Nanami. Hell, the help from every sorcerer in Japan. But given the short time, you're unsure if the others can forward the mission to others out of Tokyo. You lower the hair dryer to rub the ring on your necklace. You raise the ring to your lips, pressing a kiss to the diamond.

Whatever happens on Christmas day, you're prepared for it. Whether you survive or pass away trying. But if you were to pass away, you should at least go through with your promise with Nanami. He'd have to be the person who puts the last nail in your coffin.

You turn off the light to the bathroom, closing the door behind you. You quietly stride over to Kenjaku who seems to have fallen asleep. You reach for one corner of the blanket, pulling it over him. Before you pass away by Nanami's hands, you'll have to make sure Suguru's released from Kenjaku's hold.

You timidly reach your hand out to Kenjaku's hair. The soft touch of his black silky hair runs through your fingertips as you stroke. Once Kenjaku is kicked off from his throne is when you can die peacefully. You'll get the closure you ache for. And if for some god forsaken reason you come out of this alive, you vow to move on from Suguru.

For real this time.