Her past relationship

"What's the meaning of this? This barrier is blocking us out from entering the nightclub!" Gakuganji glares at the barrier in front of him. It's completely naked to the human eye but not for sorcerers and cursed spirits.

Yaga remains silent, his watch with Y/L/N's GPS distorts and her location is erased. The moment he sees this, the barrier before them diminishes. Hoards of sorcerers quickly file into the nightclub upon seeing this. Yaga picks up his feet, hurrying inside. The sight he sees in front of him is horrifying.

Blood stains the walls, floors, and bodies are piled up in a corner. Bodies of sorcerers and civilians. Yaga scans the area for Nanami and Gojo while the others frantically look for anyone who may be on the brink of death. Gakuganji yells out for Yaga at the end of a staircase. There Yaga sees Gojo helping Nanami sit up.

Out of the two, Nanami receives the most damage. Bullet wounds apparent on his clothes and bruises on his face and arms. Yaga firmly speaks up, "We need to get the two of you back to the school to see Ieiri. Where's Y/L/N?" The expression on Nanami's face switches to one of disgust from the mention of Y/L/N.

Nanami scrunches his face, his eyes glaring at Yaga. "She joined the villains." Gakuganji's breath sharpens from hearing this. He slowly turns to look at Yaga who's brows are furrowed. Gojo intervenes in the conversation. "Let's talk about this after we get you patched up Nanami."

Gojo helps Nanami stand and the four leave the nightclub behind.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"It appears that Y/L/N purposely avoided aiming your vital points Nanami." Ieiri finishes patching up the last bullet wound on Nanami's leg before pulling the blanket over him. She jots a few things down on her clipboard before raising her eyes to look at him. She notices his empty eyes staring at nothing specific.

"I'll tell the others to come in now." She speaks briefly before the sound of her heels echo in the room. The very room Y/L/N previously stayed in for the past three weeks. Nanami's mind is blank as his eyes stare at the white ceiling. He refrains from thinking about his actions.

The actions he could've done to prevent Y/L/N from joining the opposite team. Is it true that this entire time she's played a fool? Nanami is aware of how smart Y/L/N is but he couldn't foresee her going this far. This all must be surrounded by her relationship with Suguru. A piece of the information he's shut out from.

Nanami has to force Gojo to explain everything. Maybe then Nanami can understand why Y/L/N's like this. Or maybe it won't answer anything and Nanami will remain even more clueless. He forces his eyes shut, his breathing slow. Nanami hears the sound of a door opening with several footsteps.

"Ieiri's told us you'll be recovering in two weeks, give or take." Yaga's deep voice rings out in the silent room. "We've also heard Gojo's side of things tonight. If you'd like to tell us yours tonight, go ahead. If not, we'll come back tomorrow."

Gojo clears his throat, grabbing Yaga's attention. "Maybe you two should come back tomorrow. Nanami's bound to be exhausted." Nanami slowly opens his eyes, the fluorescent lights blinding him slightly. "It's alright Gojo. I'll fill them in about tonight."

Gojo raises an eyebrow, his lips pursing. "Alright. Just don't push yourself." Gojo walks over to one corner of the room, leaning his back against it. He is also curious to how things have escalated tonight.

Nanami keeps his eyes up at the ceiling, he mentally sorts out his thoughts before telling the three everything from beginning to the ending. An hour passes when Nanami says his final sentence. The atmosphere in the room grows colder and colder with each detail he tells. No one interjected during Nanami's waterfall of words.

Yaga silently nods his head before thanking Nanami for his hard work today. "Get some rest you two. We'll look into her whereabouts now. I'll return the next time with good news." Yaga turns around, exiting the room with Gakuganji following after him.

Yaga slowly lifts his sleeve, staring at his watch. Y/L/N's location is still no where to be found. Is it possible that the bracelet she wore was damaged in the fight? Or did she toss it aside? Yaga strongly feels that Y/L/N is not the one who's siding with the villains. Or so he prays.

"Things are just getting worse Yaga." Gakuganji speaks slowly with a raspy tone. Yaga silently nods his head. Each attempt the sorcerers make towards the cursed spirits is a step backwards. The only thing Yaga can do now is keep an eye out for Y/L/N's location to reappear.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Gojo swallows the saliva that builds up in his throat. He's idled in his thoughts for ten minutes since the seniors have left. Where did he go wrong in not seeing the signs that Y/L/N would work with the enemy? Is it possible during her recovery in this room she strayed away from the light? But Gojo couldn't understand why she would.

Did that Suguru lookalike manipulate her mind? Gojo's sure Y/L/N is smart enough to know that the man she sees is nothing like Suguru. Despite everything tonight, Y/L/N said something out of character. For once she supported Nanami and him in a battle. Was that her final goodbye before turning her back on them?

"Gojo." Nanami's low whisper grabs Gojo's attention. He straightens up from the wall, walking over to the man who's bedridden. "I'd like to ask you again, what is Y/L/N's relationship with Suguru." Nanami casts his eyes away from the ceiling and up towards Gojo.

Gojo's lips twitch in response to Nanami's question. He crosses his arms, remaining mute. Nanami holds his gaze firmly on Gojo. The look in his eyes leaves no room for excuses. "I guess it doesn't matter at this point whether I tell you or not."

Gojo takes a seat on the edge of the bed, a long exhale dragging out of his throat. "Suguru and Y/L/N were an item. The two hit it off a year after our graduation. I don't know the finer details of when and who fell in love but..." Gojo rubs the back of his neck.

His next sentence is gentle. A tiny smile forms on his lips when he thinks about his two friends. "The two were made for one another. They balanced each other out and I've never seen Suguru happier. They were in a serious relationship. Serious enough for Suguru to propose to her." Gojo forces his eyes shut, his hands turning into tight fists.

"But from what I've learned from Y/L/N. He died on a mission the two were on together. Toji was the man to end Suguru's life. Y/L/N managed to kill Toji but she couldn't save Suguru no matter what she did. After his death, Y/L/N cooped herself up in the darkness." Gojo slowly turns his attention over to Nanami.

Nanami wears a melancholy expression, his eyes downcast. Gojo continues on for Nanami's sake. "It's not hard to understand why Y/L/N walked the path she chose now. The love of her life is gone and to see his body suddenly in front of her again. Prior to this fake Suguru, Y/L/N willingly gave her life to Junpei, correct?"

Nanami nods his head to Gojo's question. Gojo purses his lips a sigh leaving them. "Y/L/N...she's more fragile than the both of us think. She bares a lot of pain on her own. Death might be her way of peace. But what I don't understand is why she would join the enemy. If death is what she wants, you'd gladly give that to her."

The conversation falls when both Gojo and Nanami are in their own thoughts. They couldn't wrap their mind around Y/L/N's actions. The two exhausted physically and mentally. "But let's not ponder on it anymore tonight. We both need some rest. I'll make myself comfortable on this couch, I hope you don't mind." Gojo tries to lighten the mood, his tone slightly cheerful.

He strides over to the light switch, flicking them off. Gojo plops himself on the couch, stretching his legs out and yawning. He raises one arm over his eyes, closing them. The only sound that fills the room is their breathing, the crickets outside, and the medical equipment keeping track of Nanami's heartrate.

Nanami's heartrate increases when he thinks about Y/L/N. His eyes glaring into the darkness. The next time he sees her, he's dragging her back to him. He'll return Y/L/N's attacks with his own power twice as strong and quick. If he has to forcefully bring her back, he'll do just that.

All he wants right now is to see her and argue with her. Like old times sake.