Surprise attack

Nanami groans under his breath, his brows tightly knit together. "How did you two even manage to get a finger from Gakuganji?" Nanami drives the three to the high school that Junpei attends.

Gojo and Y/L/N are currently fighting over who gets to hold the finger in the backseat. Nanami glares at the two from the rearview mirror. He feels like their chaperone. "Hey." Nanami raises his voice, a steely tone ringing out in the car.

"Gojo, stop. Dad's getting mad at us." You playfully joke, smirking when you stare at Nanami in the mirror. "Dad?" Gojo raises an eyebrow, he turns to look over at Nanami who's glaring at the road in front of him.

"I'd hate to see the kid who has Nanami for a father." Gojo shivers, his hand attempting to snatch the box that contains the Sakuna finger from Y/L/N. "You know I can easily take the box from you if I wanted to Y/L/N."

"Then why don't you?" You lift up from your seat to slip the box under you, sitting on the box. Gojo parts his lips slightly, speechless of how childish you're being. "How far away are we from the school Nanami?"

"Oh, so you want to talk to me when it's convenient for you? I'll ignore your question since you ignored mine." Nanami curtly responds, his fingers tapping against the steering wheel. Nanami extends his right hand out towards the radio, purposely turning up the volume.

A sigh seethes out of your clench teeth. "Nanami's just as petty as I am." You speak more to yourself than to the two men in the car. Gojo snickers under his breath, he gives up on the Sakuna finger to pester Nanami.

"You're just as unreasonable as Y/L/N and I, Nanami. Look who's being childish now." Gojo hums out. He pokes Nanami on the shoulder, jabbing multiple times to annoy him. Nanami sighs loudly, his brows twitching with frustration. "This shift needs to hurry up." Nanami grumbles aloud. He purposely jerks the car roughly to the left towards the entrance of the high school.

Yours and Gojo's body shifts violently to the left. You quickly reach from under you to grab the box that you sit under. If you hadn't worn your seatbelt you would've collided right into Gojo. You let out a disgruntled exhale, your eyes narrowing on Nanami's side profile. The box you hold makes contact with the blonde man's head. "Next time I'm driving."

Nanami looks frazzled when he raises one hand to rub the side of his head. "Did you just fucking hit me with the Sakuna finger?" Nanami parks the car before whipping his body to the side to glare at Y/L/N. She tauntingly waves the box in front of her with a smirk.

"Yes. Now let's look for Junpei." You release yourself from the seatbelt before stepping out of the car. Gojo purses his lips from laughing at the scenario before him. He clears his throat and pats Nanami's shoulder. "Let's go bud."

Nanami's nostrils flare slightly, the rage boiling inside of his chest. He's not taken seriously by Gojo or Y/L/N. This kind of banter unravels past memories that Nanami would prefer to keep buried. Nanami roughly takes the seatbelt off of him and slams the car door behind him. He locks the car before shoving his hands into his dress pockets.

Nanami casts his eyes forward where Y/L/N and Gojo are already far ahead. He pinches the bridge of his nose, stifling a sigh. "I pray this plan works out..."

"Are you coming or not Nanami?" Y/L/N calls out to Nanami from the school entrance. Her arms are crossed on her chest, her eyes narrowed at his tall frame. Nanami clenches his teeth, his hands in his pockets turning into tight fists.

Who is she to make him hurry up for? She was late this morning for the meeting.

Nanami decides to purposely walk slower but something else catches his attention. A blurred figure appears out of no where, gunning towards Y/L/N. Nanami's eyes widen when he sees a clearer image of the person. A cursed spirit with a patchwork face. One of the villains that the three are searching for. A loud gunshot rings out and Nanami's heart stops momentarily.