Chapter 17: The Extraordinary Normal

A month has past since my birthday, and a lot of changes have taken place.

Absol did leave to return to the Frosty Forest, I've been training my tail off and with satisfying results.

I have mastered basic combat and defensive techniques and along the way I learned my force palm, the aura sphere, blaze kick, and detect, which was probably my most difficult maneuver to learn.

I had power I could never imagine a human actually having, but I still had a lot to learn.

I wasn't the only one training though.

Josh and the others finally have the freedom to train with Josh's illusions.

Staraptor's wing finally healed last week and she hasn't been happier in her entire life.

I dropped down from the stone chair and stretched my body out.

"Okay guys. I'm gonna go see Azelf and them," I stated.

"Okay," replied Swellow.

I shrugged and made my way to Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit.

But, I couldn't seem to find any of them.

Over some time of searching, I asked Munchlax where they might be.

"Hey, Munchlax," I greeted.

He approached me with a grin.

"Hi Damian!" He replied.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Azelf, Uxie or Meprit are would you?" I asked.

"I think they're in the coliseum."

"Alright thanks dude."

"No problem. Are you gonna be in the tournament tomorrow?"

"Yeah! Definitely," I stated.

"Okay, cool. See ya then!"

And with that he was gone.

I made haste for the coliseum.

I opened the doors slowly, considering I could hear loud crashing from inside.

I entered the stadium and notice Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit all battling against each other.

I shrieked as a focus blast was hurled straight for me, stretched my arms forward, and caught the blast.

The ball of energy was soon turned into a cloud of smoke.

"Whoops! Sorry Damian!" exclaimed Uxie.

"It's fine," I laughed.

"Nice catch," stated Azelf.

"Nice throw."

They all had a good chuckle from the situation.

"So... I was wondering if I could go and see Absol...?"

Uxie made a face.

"Umm... Man... I guess so..." she staggered.

"There hasn't been word of any humans around. You should be fine, but just in case take Staraptor or Swellow with you okay?"said Azelf.

I smiled, "Alright! Will do. Thanks guys!"

I ran to the stadium entrance, burst through the door, and immediately searched for Staraptor or Swellow.

In no time I found Swellow in the rec room talking to Ampharos and Weavile.

"Hey guys!" I stated.

"Hey Damian," replied Swellow.

"Swellow, I was wondering if you'd wanna go visit Absol with me. Azelf and them said I should take you or Staraptor with me."