Chapter 36: Nothing Left To Take

"Lewis Frederick, you've pissed me off for the last time. I don't care what anyone has to say, I'm ending this now," Samantha growled as she stared down the Pichu lying barely conscious in the cage connected to the deadly contraption.

"Please... Don't do it..." He muttered.

Unable to understand Lewis, Samantha shrugged and gripped the switch with one hand

"It's a shame. You were a good kid, Lewis. I never thought I'd have to do this, but you gave me no choice."

Behind his anger, Lewis was crying. He knew this was his last breath after Samantha flipped the switch. He didn't want to die, not now. Damian wouldn't want this despite the disappointment he felt inside. At this point, there was no hope for Lewis.

"LEWIS! Don't worry, we're sending someone to help you! We won't let them do this!" Uxie screamed in his head.

Lewis shook his head, "No... Don't put anyone in danger because of me-"

"Don't say that! We will not just sit here. They'll be there in the next five minutes," Azelf snapped.

"There's no point, guys. In one minute, she's going to pull that switch. I'm sorry... I don't want to die but... Maybe I do."

"Do not speak with such negativity, Lewis. There is still hope," Mesprit added.

Lewis shed a torrent of tears as he spoke, "Just tell Damian something for me..."

"Talk to Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit all you want. No one can help you. I'll give you a few moments to say your goodbyes. You've got two minutes" Samantha stated.

"Tell him he was great friend. Tell him that no matter what it takes, don't stop fighting. He's stronger than all of Team Plasma combined and I know he can win. Let him know that wherever I end up after my death, I will always think of him. He doesn't deserve where he's at, but I'm glad he's safe..."

Uxie shook her head, as did her sisters tears running down their cheeks.

"Lewis... We can help you-"

"One more thing... Tell him to take out camps one by one. Show Team Plasma how strong he's gotten. Team Plasma may seem tough, but they're all a bunch of cowards," Lewis grinned, "And tell him to beat Samantha Masters into the ground, and destroy the machine that put us in this mess in he first place."

Samantha sighed, "Times up."

Instantly, she pulled the large power switch and Lewis emitted a deafening shriek as he felt an excruciating pain fill up in his mind. He expected a painless death but he was wrong.

"LEWIS!" The three sisters screamed as they watched the Pichu in the horrific scene.

In mere seconds, Lewis collapsed onto the steel floor of the contraption. Desperation running through his mind as his pain slowly subsided into his eternal slumber.

Lewis closed his eyes and was then no more.

"Lewis! Can you hear me!? Lewis! Come on, talk to us! Please! Please... Please......" Uxie sobbed.

There was no reply. Lewis was gone. Wherever he was now, they only hoped he could live his afterlife in happiness.

Azelf growled, "You evil monster! Samantha Masters, you just made the worst mistake of your life! You will regret all of the pain you've caused. You better be ready, because we are coming for you and all of Team Plasma. Murdering Lewis was the last straw. We are going to burn that place to the ground when we're done with it!"

Samantha acknowledged the voice and grinned, "You're welcome to try. You'll just be another threat out of my way."

Azelf wiped the tears from her face, "I don't care if Damian is here or not. Team Plasma has to go."