Chapter 18: Lewis' Deadline

Terrified. That's what Lewis was. He had never been more scared in his entire life. His deadline to find Damian was up, and there was nothing he could do now. And now, here he is. Sitting five feet away from the head of Team Plasma, Samantha Masters.

"I'm disappointed Lewis. Can you tell me why?" she asked him, nearly stabbing him with er unchanging glare.

Lewis gripped tight on the arm rests of the leather chair. His dad was outside, so he had no one to protect him at this point. Lewis swallowed in complete fear.

"I... Umm... Well..." Lewis couldn't reply if it killed him. He was too scared to move, he knew what would happen to him today, and it was just that that made him want to cry his eyes out.

"I gave you a month to find that Riolu. I'm tired of having agents spread across the world on the lookout for this Riolu. They too are tired of it..." Ms. Masters stood from her desk and walked to the poster of Team Plasma on the wall, simply staring at it.

"I'm sorry Ms. Masters... I-"

"Apologies? Please... There's nothing to be sorry about. I gave you a choice in the mater. This was a request, not an order. However, you knew the consequences of your choices, correct?" Ms. Masters cut him off.

"Y-yeah..." Lewis staggered.

Lewis was prepared to start crying and beg for mercy. But Samantha hated the sound of crying. She hated the weak.

"This subject of ours is not in our holding cell..." Samantha slammed her fist into the desk, causing him to flinch, "I gave you a shot! A SHOT! A shot to find him! Do you know how often I do that? Never! Because you're a child though, I felt some pity. I should've never let you take him home! YOU MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A DUMBASS! I am not a dumbass! I wouldn't be where I'm at if I were a dumbass!" Samantha took a deep breath.

"Miss Masters... Please, don't... Don't terminate me... I-I'm just a kid... I... I..." That was it. Lewis couldn't hold back anymore. His eyes welled up and he began to sob, and Samantha had a fire in her eyes.

"Crying is for the weak! Stop crying right now or I swear you'll get something much worse than termination, I swear!" Samantha screamed,

Lewis took a second to recuperate.

"Please... Don't terminate me... I'll do anything! Just give me some more time, I swear I'll find him!"

"I gave you time. I gave you my pity. I gave you a chance. No more chances. You're done for Lewis. You had a deadline, and you blew it. And I think it's time you face your consequences for your inconvenience to Team Plasma," Samantha stated softly.

"What about my dad?! He's an asset to Team Plasma!" exclaimed Lewis.

Samantha inspected her nails, "Your father isn't going to punished. He was against you taking him home in the first place. If he is loyal to Team Plasma, he will do nothing to retaliate against us. He will accept his sons punishment and continue to be a liable asset to us." Samantha sat down in her chair again, chaining her fingers together.

"Now... I think it's time..." she pressed down on the intercom button, "you may enter my office now-"

"Screw this! You're not gonna terminate me you bitch!" Lewis shouted, planting his arms against her desk and sweeping all of the clutter to the floor.

The desktop computer smashed into the wall, breaking into small pieces.

"You little punk!" She shrieked.

Lewis ran for the door, but was quickly halted by two guards. He swore under his breath, removed his stun rod from his pocket, retracted the weapon, and struck the man on the left, causing him to scream in pain from the electric pulses. Lewis then shoved through the other guard into the wall and ran out the door.