Chapter 25: Comes Great Responsibility

It was day one of training with Greninja, or Sir Greninja I should say. Buniot was back at his home, leaving Greninja and I to our business.

"Well, Damian. Considering the fact you are standing before me now... I assume you are prepared to begin training?" he asked me as we stand five feet from each other, deep in the forest.

The lighting was dismal and ominous, for we were far into the woods. It was incredibly secluded, making the perfect spot to train.

I nodded in reply.

"That is great to hear. Now I made myself clear yesterday correct? I am unaware of Gallade's training methods, but I'm assuming they will not be as intense as my own. I will say it again, I will push you past your limits in every training exercise we perform. So to begin..."

In a flash, Greninja leapt into the air, and landed gracefully on a branch. In hand, was a ribbon. Which he tied to the high branch that he stood upon.

Greninja landed 5 feet from me with grace. He stood upright, crossed his arms, and glared at me.

"Damian, your first training task is to reach that ribbon... Without climbing or jumping."

My grin faded as he said the last four words.

"How do I do that?" I asked, completely puzzled.

"Do not question me. Just do the task I give you. While you attempt that, I will retrieve food."

"Yes sir Greninja. And thanks, I'm getting pretty hungry already."

"Good... Because you don't eat until your task is finished."

My body went numb. He had to be joking. But then again, he didn't seem like the joking type. He said his training was serious, but not feeding me until I get a stupid ribbon?

I sighed in annoyance.

"Yes... Sir Greninja," I whined.

"Good. I hope to see that ribbon soon. It is one of my prized items," he said with a smirk.

And with that, he turned around and left me to my business. The only question in my head at that point was... How the heck do I get up there without jumping or climbing?

I took a moment to think.

"Maybe he wants me to run up the trees? Or does that count as climbing?" I muttered aloud.

I scratched my head, then shrugged.

"Worth a shot..."

I stood back far from the thick oak tree, got into position, and sprinted full speed towards it. Much to my dismay, my running resulted to my entire body crashing into the oak. My entire body was vibrating from impact.

As I sat up, I growled but I didn't give up just yet. I simply stood up, and tried it again. This time, with my foot out, I managed only jump off of the trees side. I landed with a thud, my legs somewhat hurting from the fall, and I scowled at my efforts.

'Maybe there's a secret hatch or something I don't know about?' I wondered.

I closed my eyes to test my theory, and my theory was quickly proven false. I sighed in frustration. This time I had two plans made up in my mind.

'He said not to jump, he never said I couldn't aura sphere to jump.'

I grinned at the thought, sure this was my ticket to beating this exercise.

I pressed my paws together formed a sphere, putting energy into it for almost an entire minute, then aimed it at the ground.

"I'm getting that ribbon right-"