2

Marinette POV:

*Sigh* I reached my balcony before I transformed back into my civilian form.

"That was a hard one Marinette." Tikki said as we made our way into my room.

"You got that right Tikki. But luckily Cat Noir and I were able to save Alya and Paris."

Then we heard a tapping at my window.

"Quick, hide Tikki."

I wandered over to my window wondering who would be there after an akuma attack.

When I got to my window I was surprised to see my partner at the window.

"Cat Noir? What are you doing here? I'm not in any danger." I questioned him.

"Well, I just came by to make sure you were safe. Ladybug told me that the akumatized victim was your best friend."

"Well thanks for checking in on me Cat, but I'm fine. Luckily I made it home before Alya became akumatized." I giggled. Cat Noir could be sweet when he wanted to.

"Well, my job here is done. See you later, purrincess." Cat Noir punned and leaped away. It took all my inner strength not to groan at his stupid cat pun.

"You can come out Tikki."

"Why was Cat Noir here Marinette?" Tikki asked me.

"He wanted to make sure I was okay since Alya was akumatized."

"Well, that was sweet of him." Tikki giggled.

"Yeah, you're right Tikki. Well, I better get some homework done. Then I can work on some designs."

"Good idea Marinette." Tikki said and I got to work.

Adrien POV:

I'm glad that Marinette was safe. I know Alya is her best friend. Paris is safe and so is Marinette. Everything is good for right now.

"Plagg, claws in."

I transformed back into Adrien.

"CHEEEEEEESE!" Plagg whined.

"Ugh here." I groaned and tossed him a piece of camembert.

"My PRECIOUS!" Plagg yelled and ate his cheese in one gulp.

"You are such a pig Plagg."

"You just don't understand how delicious camembert is Adrien. Anyway, why did you go visit Marinette? I thought you loved Ladybug." Plagg asked me.

"Marinette is just a friend Plagg. I just wanted to make sure she was okay because it was Alya that was akumatized and they're best friends. I do love Ladybug." I said.

"Whatever kid." Plagg said and went back inside my jacket.

That's when Nathalie knocked on my door.

"Adrien, you have a photoshoot in 20 minutes. Get ready." She told me.

"Okay Nathalie." I said, trying not to groan at the thought.

Luckily she left.

I flopped face-first onto my bed. I didn't want to do another photoshoot. I just wanted to be a normal teenager whose father would actually love him. Who would let him out to hang out with his friends. There is so much that Father is making me do that I don't want to do. I don't want to play piano and I don't want to do photoshoots. Chinese and fencing were fine, but I had too much on my plate. Between being a student and Cat Noir, it was hard to balance my superhero life with my civilian life.

But I guess life doesn't always work the way you want it to. So much to my chagrin, I got ready for my photoshoot.

Later

I had to fake my way through the photoshoot. I had to smile and I was not happy. I hated that Father made me do this.

But then I saw Marinette and I was able to smile for real. It may have been cold but I had a lot more energy now to keep me warm.

Later again (cuz I'm lazy)

Finally, the photoshoot was over. I just got in the car and went home.

Nathalie made me practice my piano before dinner. I hated it but I had no choice. Plagg was sleeping in a pile of dirty socks while I practiced.

Marinette POV:

I hope Adrien is okay. He has so much to do because of his father. I mean, I don't mind him being a model for his father's fashion company, but he seems so upset when he has to go to a shoot or when he mentions that he doesn't enjoy it. Same with when he mentions how he doesn't like playing the piano.

I saw him at a shoot today and I could tell that his smile was fake. He seemed so unhappy to be doing his shoot.

But then something changed. I noticed that he was smiling for real now. I don't know what made him so happy that he was able to smile for real, but I was just happy to see him smile.

I got home and started working on some designs for Adrien's next 40 birthdays. Hey. I'm nothing if not efficient.

It was starting to get late and I could feel my eyelids beginning to droop.

*Yawn*

"Goodnight Tikki." I said as I crawled into bed.

"Goodnight Marinette." She replied as she laid down next to my head.

I hope Adrien is sleeping well and is having sweet dreams. I fell asleep having the sweetest dreams of me and Adrien on my mind.