18

Later that evening

The girls were so excited to have a sleepover. Mom and dad approved of the sleepover so we were setting up. We made sure to have popcorn and some homemade desserts ready for when Alya and Chloe arrive. We made sure that our tv was set up to watch movies on as well. We are going to have the best time ever. I'll make sure of that. And, since I'm the guardian now and know both of their identities, it's only fair that they know mine as well. I have to tell them the truth tonight.

I had a few more minutes before the girls showed up so I talked to Tikki about my plan to tell them that I'm Ladybug.

"Tikki, it's time. I need to tell them who I am. Of course, I wouldn't reveal Adrien's identity as well without his permission because that would be stupid. But what do you think? Should I tell them the truth?"

"Well, Marinette, you are the guardian now, so I guess it's up to you to make that choice. If you do tell them, you have to make sure that Alya doesn't post about it on her LadyBlog. You know how dangerous that would be." Tikki reminded me.

"You're right Tikki. And you're right, it is my decision to make now that I'm the guardian. I'm gonna tell them." Then the doorbell rang and mom called up to me to let me know that Chloe and Alya were here.

"Hide for now Tikki. Send them up!" I said as soon as Tikki was out of sight.

"Hey girl."

"Hey Marinette."

"Hey Alya, hey Chloe." I greeted them and gave each of them a Parisian greeting.

Two hours later

It was time. I had to tell them. I brought them up to my room to tell them.

"Chloe, Alya, there's something I need to tell you. I understand if you're both mad at me after I tell you this. But, it's time for me to come clean." I began.

"Girl, what are you trying to tell us?" Alya asked.

"Yeah, Marinette. You're being cryptic." Chloe added.

"This isn't easy for me to tell you. Before I tell you, I need you both to promise me that you won't tell anyone else about this. Especially you Alya. What I'm about to tell you cannot go on the LadyBlog." I explained.

"I promise girl. Whatever it is, I won't post about it." Alya promised.

"I promise too, Marinette." Chloe added.

I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'm Ladybug. Tikki, you can come out now." I said.

Alya and Chloe's mouths dropped. I honestly expected that.

"Tikki, spots on." I said and transformed into Ladybug in front of their very eyes.

"I can't believe that my best friend is the superheroine of Paris!" Alya gasped.

"I can't believe that the girl I was picking on is my idol!" Chloe agreed.

"Spots off." I detransformed. "Now remember your promise. You can't tell anyone you know my identity. It could be dangerous for all of Paris if word got out that I'm Ladybug." I reiterated.

"I promise. But, I do have one question." Alya said.

"Shoot." I said.

"Do you know who Cat Noir is, and does he know who you are?" Alya asked.

"Technically that's two questions, but the answer is yes. However, I can't reveal to you who he is because of two reasons. The first and most important being that it could be dangerous if anyone else knew his identity. The second reason is that I don't have his permission to give out his identity and I don't want to break his trust." I explained.

"I understand." Alya said.

"We won't tell anyone who Ladybug really is. And, thank you for trusting us with your secret. It means a lot that you trust us enough to tell us who you are." Chloe said.

I blushed.

"So, shall we continue our sleepover activities?" I asked.

They both agreed.

It got to be about 10:00 when I said that we should get to bed because we had school in the morning. But before we went to bed, I had one thing I had to do first.

"Alya, since I trusted Chloe enough to hold onto her miraculous, it's only right that I do the same for you." I said and went over to where I keep the miracle box hidden.

I grabbed the fox miraculous and gave it to Alya.

"You're really trusting me with this?" She asked me.

"I am. You've been my best friend since the day before Adrien started at our school. You've been an excellent person and a great teammate when we need you so I would like to personally welcome you to the team." I explained.

"Thank you, Marinette."

"I trust you, Alya. Plus, it wouldn't be fair if Chloe was the only one allowed to keep her miraculous. Both of you have been crucial to defeating Akumas. Cat Noir and I wouldn't be able to save Paris without you both. And of course, without Carapace, Ryuko, King Monkey, Pegasus, and Viperion. They will eventually be able to hold onto their miraculous but for now, they haven't been able to help us as much so they haven't quite earned my trust enough as Ladybug for me to be able to give them that privilege. I need you both to remember that just as easily as I am able to give you this privilege, I can just as easily take it away. Chloe, since everyone already knows that your Queen Bee, you need to be extra careful. Alya, since you have the LadybBlog I need you to be careful to not let your or Carapace's identities slip. Yes, Chloe, Carapace knows who Rena Rouge is and Alya knows who Carapace is. One day, I wasn't able to give them their miraculous separately so they both kinda found out their identities." I explained.

"I understand Mari. I promise I'll be careful." Chloe said.

"I understand too. I promise to be careful too." Alya said.

I smiled. "I'm glad I'm able to trust you both with this secret. Thank you for being such good friends." I said as I pulled them both in for a hug.

We all smiled and went to bed. I was right. Tonight was the best night ever.