16

Later that day...

Still Mari POV:

I was working on homework when I felt my phone vibrate.

AA: Mari. Good news. I just had a case of the flu. I should be able to come to school on Monday. 

Buginette: That's great Adrien. I'll bring you your homework and a surprise in a bit.

AA: A surprise for me? Buginette, you're the best you know that?

Buginette: Maybe. I'll be there in a bit. It'll be faster if I transform first. Be there sooner than you can say cataclysm.

AA: Haha. Love you.

Buginette: Love you too.

"Tikki. We have to get going. I need to bring Adrien his homework and his scarf. It'll be faster if we transform." I explained.

"Just say the words Marinette."

"TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"

"Now it's time to get to my Kitty's house." I thought aloud to myself.

Minor Time Skip

I got there as soon as I could. Adrien waved me in and opened the window so I could get into his room unseen.

"Spots off. Hey Adrien. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm definitely feeling a lot better than I was. Especially now that you're here princess." He chuckled.

I giggled. "Well, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better Adrien. Here's your homework." I said as I handed it to him. "I also brought one more thing to help you feel even better."

"What is it, princess?" He asked me.

I handed him the scarf I had made him.

"A Cat Noir-inspired scarf? Princess, it's amazing! I love it! This is way cooler than the blue one my father made me for my birthday!" He exclaimed.

I blushed in embarrassment.

"Mari, what's wrong?" He asked.

"About that blue scarf. " I started.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Your... Your father... Your father didn't make... He didn't make that scarf." I explained.

"What do you mean Marinette? Of course, he did." He asked.

"No. He didn't. I did. I made that scarf for you for your birthday but I forgot to sign my name on it. Someone must have had it and known your father would have given you the same pen that he had given you every year. When I saw how happy you were when you thought your father had made you that scarf, I couldn't tell you the truth. I didn't want to take away your happiness. I couldn't take that away from you. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." I explained as tears were streaming down my face.

"What? So, my father never really made that scarf for me? It was you?" He asked.

I couldn't speak through my tears so I nodded. Then I suddenly felt his arms around me.

"Thank you, Marinette. And I'm sorry that you felt you had to keep that a secret from me. But I understand why you did. So, thank you Marinette." He said.

I just hugged him back tightly and cried into his shoulder. We stayed like that for I don't know how long, but it felt good just being there in his arms. Then he pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"With your permission M'Lady?" He asked me.

I knew he wanted a kiss on the lips so I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. I kissed him back passionately.