24

The next Monday

Marinette POV:

This weekend is the big dance at school. I've been working on my dress and it's coming along beautifully.

"Marinette, are you sure it's safe for you and Adrien to go to the dance in outfits that look like Ladybug and Cat Noir? What if people figure out your identities?"

"We'll be careful Tikki. I promise. No one will figure it out."

"If you say so Marinette."

"Marinette, are you ssure thiss is wise?"

"Sass, don't worry. I already warned Adrien to be careful. Besides, we're not gonna be wearing masks. We'll be careful and no one will figure us out."

"Alright."

"Marinette. How's your dress design coming along?"

"It's going great Adrien. I just need some red and black fabric, a needle and thread, and a mannequin and I'll be set to start sewing it up. Oh. I almost forgot. I also need a sewing machine. If your father is okay with me using all of this."

(Her design)

"I'll talk to him

"I'll talk to him. He knows how important you are to me and he's seen your designs. There's no way he'll say no."

I laughed.

"I'm glad you're confident Kitty."

"I'll be right back. I should ask him sooner rather than later."

"Okay. Good luck Adrien."

"Thanks, princess."

We kissed and he left to talk to his father.

"I can't wait to go to the dance Tikki. It's gonna be so much fun." But then I remembered my parents and how they'll never get to see me in this beautiful dress. I felt tears beginning to flow down my face as I thought about it.

"Marinette, what's wrong?"

"I'm okay Tikki. I just remembered my parents. They're never gonna be able to see me in this dress, wish me luck at my first dance with my boyfriend, embarrass me in front of him. I just miss my parents."

"I'm so sorry Marinette. Are you gonna tell Adrien about it?"

"I don't think so Tikki. I don't want to worry him. Besides I still haven't told him about how Lila is beating me up and trying to make my life miserable because I'm dating Adrien."

"Marinette, I think you should talk to him. He might be able to help you. You both know that she's a liar. You know that he would believe you over her for anything."

"I know Tikki. And you're right. I'll tell him tonight."

"Good idea Marinette."

That's when Adrien came back in. Hopefully, he didn't hear what Tikki and I were talking about.