7

Adrien POV:

I had to get Ladybug somewhere safe where she could transform back without being seen. I brought her into an alley where no one could see us.

Her earrings beeped. OH NO! She only had a few seconds left before she detransformed. I had to get out of there. Ladybug wouldn't want me to know her identity.

But, then, I saw a flash. I was too late. I didn't even have time to walk away.

MARINETTE?!

All this time, Marinette had been... M'Lady?

How could I have been so blind? It makes so much sense now. The voice, the hair, the personality, everything.

I couldn't focus on that right now.

I felt her forehead and she felt warmer than she had at school today. I had to get her to the hospital.

"Plagg, claws in." I transformed back into Adrien.

I quickly gave Plagg his cheese. Then I quickly picked up Marinette bridal style and brought her to the hospital.

"SOMEONE! PLEASE! HELP HER!" I yelled.

"What happened, son?" A nurse asked me.

"I was walking around and I saw my friend had collapsed. She was sick at school with a fever and now she feels worse than she did then." I explained with tears streaming down my face.

"We'll take good care of her. Can you tell me her name?" The nurse asked me, then she called for a bed for Marinette.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And my name is Adrien. Adrien Agreste! Just please help her. She's my best friend." I said as more tears escaped my eyes.

"I promise. We'll take care of her. You head home. You look like you could use some time to yourself." The nurse said.

"No. I can't leave her. I have to stay with her. What if she wakes up and there's no one there? She'll wonder where she is. Please let me stay with her. And please tell my father that I'm gonna need some clothes. I want to stay with her overnight so she has some company." I said between sobs.

"I'll talk with the doctor. She was just settled into a hospital gown and a room." The nurse explained.

"Thank you. I'll be in the waiting room if you need me." I said and walked off to the waiting room.