♚ Girl meets the Real World ♚

~ Outfit ~

~ Song ~Alien Blues — Vundabar

~ Song ~
Alien Blues — Vundabar

Ivy

We all stood in class as debate week was in session

We all stood in class as debate week was in session. I watched as Riley was up against Farkle, I could already tell that the Minkus was gina have a field day.

"'The sun shines during the day.' Ms. Matthews will argue the affirmative," Cory says to the class.

"Good morning, everybody. You know why people say that in the morning?" Riley talked, going up to the window revealing the sun through the blinds. "Poom! Nailed it."

"How could you possibly lose," I sarcastically comment.

"Like this." Smackle looks up to her boyfriend.

"First of all, let's understand that day and night are merely words invented by human beings to communicate simple conceptual constructs apropos of nothing," Farkle starts.

"Ooh," shims Smackle.

"Science tells us that the sun is always shining and what appears to be day and night merely our angle of proximity at a particular time to the Earth's revolution. And, for extra credit, there's no such thing as time. Our debate topic, therefore, is false. The sun does not just shine during the day, it also shines during the night, just not on us."

"I win," Riley states.

Her father asked, "How do you win?"

"Because I have high hopes," She replies, "Because when you believe passionately——"

"And our debate winner is Farkle Minkus!"