♚ Girl meets Green Hearted ♚

~ Outfit ~

~ Song ~Jealousy, Jealousy — Olivia Rodrigo

~ Song ~
Jealousy, Jealousy — Olivia Rodrigo

RILEY

All throughout today, I didn't talk as much as I normally did

And no one noticed.

I look to my friends and see them laughing and chattering away. Farkle, Smackle, and Zay were arguing over some movie they watched together. Lucas was intervening and making the argument worse, for his own amusement, with Ivy by his side. It wasn't Lucas and Ivy that bothered me so much, it was Maya.

Maya didn't sit by me, she hadn't for a few days. She now had a new spot next to Ivy, giggling at her jokes, and just seemed happier.

It becomes clear as day that I was the outsider now. Not Ivy or Zay — me — someone who had been here since day one.

It's a terrible feeling to feel, having your friends basically leave you behind, while you're stuck, not able to move from where you are. In the pit of your stomach, you can feel a void that is sucking you dry. You don't talk that much, you don't really interact, you almost can't do much for yourself.

All I can do now is poke to my lunch, watching everyone move on, with Ivy being the leader of it.

I couldn't even go home with affirming words for Ivy. I was eating dinner with my family, happily eating what my mom made, talking to them about a show I was watching, until...

"Oh, thank god. Ivy is set to work tomorrow for rush hour," My mom sighs, in relief.

I ask, "Oh, she's working with us?"

My mom's face turned to a very pleasing fake smile, a face I knew too well of. It's the face she makes when she doesn't have the heart to tell something to me or Auggie, the face that screams 'how should I tell this lightly?'