5 Night Flying

"Did you just say Sirens?" Jason asked, "aren't they fish people? Kind of like mermaids but evil?" 

Luna Raziel laughed, "Not at all!  They are actually part human part bird in their true form and historically are notorious for singing on dangerous cliffs near the sea and luring men in their ships to their untimely death- but with less ships sailing on the seas over the centuries, they were running out of ways to hunt.  They made a pact with some dark witches eons ago for the ability to take a completely human form so they could hunt more effectively on land. For some reason over the centuries, many cultures have blended sirens with the beautiful mermaids that generally don't feed on humans at all.  The only times they do is when attacked or provoked."

Rieka furrowed her bow, "I think I remember reading about them in mythology class. Their songs were so beautiful that it caused men to abandon reason and leap into the sea and their ships would wreck on the cliffs." 

"That could explain why your security guard's face is so creepily happy for a guy that got murdered." Alpha Randolf said. 

"Do you know where I can find them?" Rieka asked.  

"They haven't been seen in ages. I know the old Siren Queen had a shaky alliance with the Succubus and Incubus a few hundred years ago and as far as I know there hasn't been any changes there since. Maybe you could track down a few Succubus and see if you can speak with their Empress?" Raziel suggested. 

Rieka nodded. It was getting late and she had gotten all she felt she needed to continue her investigation. "Thanks everyone. This has been extremely helpful and I'm glad I had a reason to come visit. I know things haven't been- great- with all of us since I left. I don't want to overstay my welcome on your lands."

"Nonsense honey," Alpha Randolf said, "yes things have been...different.. since you made the decision to go rogue, but you're my daughter. Pack or Rogue, that will never change. You will always have a home here. I know I speak for everyone when I say that."

Jason nodded, "Absolutely. That won't change when I become alpha either."

Rieka blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She looked around at her family.  She missed them more than she thought. 

Raziel smiled warmly at her daughter, "It's late. Why don't you take a guest room tonight? You can head back to the city tomorrow." 

"Thank you. I would appreciate that," Rieka said softly, "If I may ask one more favor?" 

"Anything," Alpha Randolf replied gently.

"Can I Let Rayna run a little in the deeper parts of the woods? It's been so long since she's been able to run freely and that way I won't bother the others in the pack." 

Rieka's parents and brother exchanged glances for a second.  Jason spoke up, "I will run with you if that's ok. We could use the bonding and it will keep you from being stopped by patrols." 

"Of course! It will be like when we were kids." Rieka smiled.   They said goodnight to their parents and headed out the back door away from the prying eyes of the town. 

"I've linked the guards that I will be running around in wolf form with you so they don't attack us on sight." Jason said as he started to undress in preparation for his shift.  

"Sounds good," Rieka said following suit and taking off her clothes and badge, "You know, I really appreciate you being so willing to help. To be honest, I wasn't sure how today would go considering it's my first time back since I left almost 9 years ago." 

Jason bundled his clothes and tied them around his ankle for later, "You've seen us all since then when we came to your college graduation and also for your graduation from the police academy."