27. Traitor

This wasn't good. A siren was close and a wolf was with her. Based on scent the wolf wasn't an alpha, but it was familiar. 

Rayna linked her pack members "I smell a siren. Outside the pack borders near the cliffs on the western side. Alert Pierce and Alpha Randolf to send reinforcements. Come quickly. You should be able to follow my scent through the woods." 

"We are coming Alpha!" came the resounding reply from her pack members.

Rayna leapt off the overlook and started to glide silently towards the tree line below. She circled around until she could pinpoint around where the siren and the wolf were. She landed quietly a little ways away so she could scout what they were up to.

Tucking in her wings, Rayna started to silently make her way through the trees towards the siren scent.  A few yards away there was a tiny cave in the cliffs. 

She started to slowly move towards the cave, keeping a sharp eye out for any movement in or around the cave. As Rayna approached the cave entrance she could slightly hear a female voice talking.  She couldn't quite make out what was being said so she inched closer, pressing her body against the outside of the cave so she could peek around the corner into the cave.  

A slight rustle came from the tree above her and Rayna looked up to see Pierce's midnight black Jaguar looking down on her from a tree branch, his yellow eyes reflecting the moonlight. Rayna motioned her head to the cave and Pierce nodded and silently descended the tree landing beside her. Rayna started to move into the cave, but Pierce put his paw in front of her and shook his head. He nodded behind her and she listened and could hear her pack and her brother's warriors coming.  If she could hear them, it's only a matter of time before the wolf and siren would too and the element of surprise would be lost. 

Rayna nodded and took off quickly towards her pack and mind linked them as she ran, "I'm coming towards you! You all need to quiet down or you'll scare them off before we get a chance to catch them!"

She could hear the foot prints slow immediately and Rayna caught up to them easily.  She shifted and so did Jason and her warrior Jimmy. 

"Okay, the siren isn't alone," Rieka informed, "I can smell a wolf with her."

"That must be our mole in the pack!" Jason spat angrily, "They'll pay for what has happened here."

"We all want revenge Jason," Rieka said calmly, "But now isn't the time to lose our cool.  We will bring the mole to justice, but it's more important that we catch the siren alive. She is our best chance at saving the Lycan prince and stopping a world wide supernatural war."  

Jason shook his head angrily, "But they caused so much pain and damage! A young warrior is dead because of them and dozens are hurt because they opened our pack up for an attack."  

Rieka put her hands up to calm him, "Jason, I hear you. I'm not saying don't get the bastard, I'm saying I need you to focus on the bigger picture. Our goal is to capture both, but if we have to choose I need to know you'll choose the good of everyone over revenge." 

Jason stopped and looked at Rieka briefly then nodded, "Of course. The good of the many always outweighs the few. I will stand with you."  

"Good," Rieka nodded to her brother then spoke to all, "Pierce is waiting for us at the cave making sure they don't escape. Let's break up into groups mixed with each other's packs so we can communicate with each other.  Jimmy you go with Jason with ten of our wolves and Jason we need 12 of yours to even the numbers.  It's a tight space to get in the cave so enter quietly and don't press the advantage until you have to. Jason, your group will enter the cave and be the first attack. Overwhelm and capture if you can, but if it goes sideways push them out of the cave."