37. Like Mother Like Daughter

When they arrived at the precinct Pierce took a moment to give Rieka a kiss.  He caressed her jawline before lightly pulling her chin towards him for another kiss, this one more tender, passionate- Rieka nibbled his lower lip as they parted, eliciting a quiet growl, "You better tread lightly Little Wolf. Any more of that and I'll have to take you right here." 

Rieka grinned mischievously and planted a quick peck on the cheek, "Not sure my captain would be thrilled about that, but I fully expect you to punish me for it later." 

Pierce's eyes glowed as his jaguar came to the surface of his mind and he looked Rieka up and down like a predator, "Be careful what you wish for, love, because I will happily oblige."

Rieka blushed and hurried out of the car before Pierce could make good on his threat.  Pierce's eyes returned to normal and he got out of the car as well.  He cleared his throat before turning to Rieka, "Well then...I guess I better go before things get...interesting and we get you into trouble."

Rieka winked, "I look forward to the interesting things we will do tonight." 

"Me too. And on a separate note, don't worry about our siren agent. I'll call my team as soon as I get back in the car to go home. I'll have someone at her residence at all times and a squad of people taking shifts to watch her 24/7. If she's hiding something, we'll find it." 

With that, Pierce walked off towards his car at the other end of the street. Rieka took a moment to admire his body as he walked away, smirking as she thought of all the things she would do with it later.  She shook herself out of her lustful thoughts and went back into the precinct. 

Rieka walked straight down to the morgue to find Georgia doing the final stitches on a new autopsy. 

"Hey Georgia. Busy day?" 

Georgia rolled her honey eyes, "Ri. I've been gone for just a few days and it's like the world has fallen apart. The other M.E.'s are really behind on autopsies, the paperwork is a mess and god help me if I find out who didn't order more supplies, because we are dangerously low on a few things and now I have to pay for a rush order."

"I'm sorry Georgia. I have some good news though that might cheer you up." 

Georgia sighed as she finished the last stitch, and started cleaning up, "Well, out with it! Don't keep me in suspense."

Rieka held up the evidence bag and shook it to get Georgia's attention, "Guess who's DNA this is? It's Brittany! The girl from the sailing club that Johnson is seeing!  I need you to run it by the strands of hair found on the security guard and the body from my dad's town."

"Ri. I know she's weird, but accusing her of murder is a little far fetched don't you think?" 

"Nope. Because she's a siren." Rieka said with a grin.

Georgia stopped dead in her tracks, "What?! Are you sure?" 

Rieka nodded, "Positive. She came with Johnson to the precinct and left after he went inside. Pierce came by to have lunch so we followed her to a store near the sailing club. Pierce went in to see what she was up to and confirmed that she was a siren agent. He said she would visit Catlia in secret. They called her 'The Lyre' after the ancient instrument. She's blonde and therefore could very well be the link between the two."  

"Okay then. I'll fast track this DNA test to see if it's a match and text you when it's done." Georgia took the bag from Rieka and took off to get started. 

Rieka went back upstairs to chat with her partners about the mansion. She made a short stop on the way to make them all coffees when Johnson came up behind her, "Hey Stephens, can we talk?"