30 So it Begins

Raziel helped Rieka sit up enough to eat the food on the tray, "Pierce, how are you feeling? You've had a hard day too."

Pierce cleared his throat, "Um, I'm fine Luna Raziel. Thank you." Raziel smiled knowingly, "Good, I'm glad to hear that. I know I speak for my husband as well when I tell you how grateful we are for helping to save Rieka. I would be very interested to hear of the cultures of your people in the coming days. I'll admit I don't know as much about your people as I would like, and I want to make sure your father feels welcomed this weekend." 

"Of course Luna. It would be my privilege. I best be going now if you don't mind. I want to make sure that our people are doing well and let them all know their alpha will be better by the morning." 

"Goodnight Pierce, and thank you." Rieka smiled as best as she could at him. Pierce smirked and gave her a wink before taking his leave. 

Raziel was about to say something when Rieka pointed to her mother, "Not a word. I don't need a lecture right now." 

Raziel chuckled, "No lecture! I'm just happy for you. He seems wonderful."

"Wait, you're not going to try and talk me out of it?" 

"Why would I? You're an adult Rieka. Follow your heart wherever it leads. I may be the mate of a wolf, and I definitely feel the mate bond with your father, but I'm not a wolf. I don't have a destined mate. And your father knows I've been married before with a different husband who was mortal, and in about a thousand years, I might marry again. Who knows? It doesn't diminish the love I have for your father or for you. But you are half angel. Who's to say you have a mate or not? I say take happiness where you can find it. So many people and supernaturals never find it." 

Rieka stayed silent a moment, as she pondered her mother's words which so closely echoed her own thoughts. 

"Rayna believes we have one." Rieka said finally.   Raziel furrowed her brow, "Have you met them yet?" 

 Rieka shook her head, "No, but she is really adamant that we wait. Like she feels we'll find our mate soon, and it would make things weird with Pierce." 

Raziel gathered the tray and put it by the door, "Well, your wolf is a part of you. They often see things this part of you doesn't. They're more attached to the spiritual realm than you.  I don't see the harm in waiting until the mess with the siren's is over before pursuing anything serious with Pierce. But that, ultimately, is up to you whether you want to listen to Rayna or choose your feelings now. Both are valid and either way, I will support you." 

"Thanks Mom," Rieka outstretched her arms for a hug, which Raziel obliged, "Now you need to go get rest too. I can tell you're tired, which is saying something since you're an angel and you never look tired." 

Raziel chuckled, "Okay, but call if you need anything at all. I'll be right over." She kissed Rieka on the forehead and left, closing the door behind her.  Rieka closed her eyes and was soon fast asleep. 

________________________________________________

Ligiea woke with the morning and stretched her long legs as she gracefully got out of bed. She drew back the curtains on her room to let the early morning light in.  She gazed out over the vineyards as the golden sun gently kissed the rows and rows of leaves and vines.   

Her morning peace came to an abrupt end with a quick knock on her door.  "Enter." 

A skinny woman with dark chestnut hair, brown eyes, and tanned olive skin that showed that she was in the sun a lot, came into Ligiea's room and cast her eyes to the floor immediately, "My lady, a woman approaches with a small entourage. Our scouts say it is the succubi duchess Catlia."