47 Desires of the Heart

Rieka was laying in her bed tracing the outline of her tattoo on her arm. She'd only seen Pierce from a distance since she woke up. He was busy with the remodeling of the house into their new collective headquarters and his father was supposed to arrive today.

She hadn't even spoken to him about their relationship now that she found Fynn. Rieka could feel the hurt from her bond with Pierce. They both knew this was a possibility, yet neither of them thought Rieka would find a mate, let alone so soon after their romance started. 

Rieka sighed, she really needed to talk with Pierce, and soon.  It was strange though, even though the mate bond with Fynn was overwhelmingly strong, Rieka still had feelings for Pierce. She had never heard of a wolf still having any sort of romantic feelings for someone else after they met their mate. 

She figured it would just take time. Rieka and Fynn had been taking things slow. Between her needing to heal and his own healing after being enchanted by the sirens, they decided it was best to keep things friendly for now. Rieka was just glad she was in her own room now instead of the medical room. 

Raziel came in to give Rieka a dose of healing power.  Between having Fynn around and Raziel's healing, Rieka was healing much quicker than expected, though she wasn't quite able to move around the room without a little support yet. 

Since moving Rieka up to her room to finish healing, Raziel had been helping out- tending to Rieka daily, helping Pierce as she could, and helping Fynn work through his traumas. 

Rieka was glad for her mother's help. Especially with Fynn. An angel was more than qualified to help him work through his issues.  Fynn was sweet, but he had nightmares every night from the slaughter at the mansion. 

He doted on Rieka constantly. Changing her pillows, getting her food, helping her with anything and everything she needed. They would talk most of the day- just getting to know each other. He was so funny, Rieka had to stop him from making her laugh so much as it hurt still. 

This particular lunch was wonderful. Fynn brought up some chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, fresh fruit, orange juice, and some homemade french fries, but what really made Rieka smile was the white lilies in a vase that came with the lunch. They were her favorite flower. 

"Aw. I love lilies! They're beautiful!" Rieka gushed as she brought the vase to her nose to smell their delicate scent.  Fynn smiled broadly, "I'm so glad you love them mio cuore. (my heart) I heard they were your favorite and I wanted to brighten your day a little." 

Rieka chuckled, "Why do you call me that in Italian? Isn't your family Greek?"   

"My mother's side is of course... We are creations of Artemis, the Greek Moon goddess of the Hunt.  But she is also called Diana in her Roman form. many of our kind flourished in Italy and I learned both languages to honor them as well. She is the same goddess, just a different name. As crown prince, I want to make sure that all of my people know that I honor the sanctity of their traditions. My father is Irish though, so I am fluent in Gaelic as well."

"Wow," Rieka said taking a bite of her sandwich, "So how many languages do you speak?" 

"English, of course. Greek, Italian, Gaelic, Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese.  I'm adding Hindi to that list currently. So, nine currently, but learning my tenth." Fynn said casually, biting into his own sandwich.  

Rieka just stared at him, "That's incredible! My mother knows every language, but she's immortal, so she's had millennia to learn. And being an angel, she is predisposed to languages so she can carry out god's will to anyone on earth."

Fynn looked a Rieka curiously, "You're half angel though right? Wouldn't you have that disposition as well?"

Rieka shook her head, "Nope. I was not blessed with that gift unfortunately. I have the wings, the ability to bend light around me to make me invisible to anyone, and I'm faster and stronger than every alpha I've come across. I've never tested Rayna's strength on an alpha lycan like you or your father, so I'm not sure if my alpha aura would affect you."