46. Wounds

Georgia hurried to put paste on the wounds in the back before working on the fresh leg wound.  She used some incantations to help pull the wounds together to help the healing, but Rayna had lost a lot of blood. 

Georgia sighed, frustrated, "Damn it! Why would she risk using her wings? She was explicitly told to NOT use her wings for at least a week..."

"Hey, she didn't have much of a choice. You saw the same thing we did. She did what it took to win." Pierce said comfortingly as he finished tying the bandage around Rayna's leg. 

A tear escaped Georgia's cheek, "I just hope her mom gets her soon. I could use her angel mojo to make Rayna stable."

Fynn stayed quiet as he held Rayna's big head in his lap, tenderly stroking her dark fur. He prayed silently to the moon goddess that his mate would live. He couldn't lose her, even if he wasn't worthy of her. 

Pierce kept stealing glances at Fynn. He definitely wasn't a fan of how he was looking at Rayna. 

In a flash, a portal opened and Raziel came through followed by Alpha Randolf, The Lycan king and Queen, and a small squad of lycan warriors and medics. Alpha Randolf split off with the support squad while Raziel and the Lycan royals ran over to Rieka. 

Queen Leda ran and gave Fynn a side hug, "Fynn! Thank the goddess you're safe!" 

Fynn smiled slightly, "I am. Thanks to my mate and her people."

King Brennus raised an eyebrow, "Your mate?"

Fynn nodded as he stroked Rayna's fur as a tear slid down his face, "I can't lose her..." 

A low growl came from Pierce, eliciting a knowing look from Georgia.  Raziel's hands started glowing, "You won't. She will need to be in bed for a few days, but between Georgia and I, she will make it." 

Tears of relief flowed from Fynn's eyes as he buried his face in Rayna's fur. Raziel put a hand on Fynn, "Hey. I understand. She'll need you in the next few days. Wolves heal faster when they're near their true mate. For now, I need to reach into her subconscious and get her to shift back human, so I need you to give us some space, okay?" 

Fynn hesitated, his wolf not happy about leaving his mate for a second.  Pierce stood, a frustrated look in his eyes, "Listen puppy prince, if you want to help her, just step back for half a second."

Fangs grew in Fynn's mouth as he let out a menacing snarl, "You will not talk to me that way." 

Pierce grinned like the Cheshire cat, "I'm Rieka's general. Her safety and well-being are my number one concern. If that means I need to treat you like the murdering, rabid dog you are, then that's what I'll do."

Fynn calmly moved Rayna's head so he could stand, before he rushed into Pierce's face, his ice blue eyes glowing as Fynn tried to control his wolf, "Out of respect for my mate, I'll stay my hand, but one more word and I'll skin you and make a rug out of your jaguar hide." 

Pierce met his gaze, his yellow eyes glowing, and his teeth elongating, "I'd like to see you try." 

The Nightmares started growling behind Pierce and took a step forward to intervene. 

"That's enough!" Both men turned to look at Raziel, who was holding an unconscious Rieka in her arms, and had a look that would make a weaker man faint from fear. 

Raziel was furious, "Look around you. Dozens lost their lives tonight. My daughter was almost one of them. I get that you two don't like each other, but this little feuding ends NOW. Pierce, you're in charge of your collective while Rieka heals, so tend to your people. I'm taking Rieka back to your place here in town. When you get back, I expect you both to be on your BEST behavior. Especially around Rieka. She doesn't need this drama, she needs to heal."