42. Chains

Fynn sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. He could still hear the screams of that family that he and some of the other wolves murdered. 

The fear in the eyes of the children as he hung them up in chains. The pleading of the human father, begging them to stop- decrying their innocence. 

It was like a nightmare. He watched himself as he ordered the soldiers to commit the atrocities before he ended the suffering of the father himself. He watched it all happen but couldn't stop himself from clawing the man's guts out while his wife watched then he pulverized her into a pulp. Taking his time- listening to her screams...

Fynn shook his head to try and erase the flashes of his deeds away. His actions were so unlike him; Angry, violent without cause- He ran his fingers through his medium length dark brown hair before standing and going for a walk around the grounds. 

This new place was nice- near the city and right on the shoreline. It was peaceful but his sharp lycan hearing could discern the faint noise of the bustling city of Santa Cruz in the distance. 

They had arrived late last night and Ligiea had been going in and out of the basement of the large estate most of the day with that succubus Catlia. Apparently Ligiea caught a she-wolf who had been following her and she brought her here for "questioning." 

They had stopped a few hours ago- emerging from the basement with blood on their clothes. Ligiea had reassured Fynn that the she wolf still lived as she was apparently bait for this special alpha wolf they kept talking about.

Fynn's wolf stirred inside him. He hadn't heard anything from him since their capture. It was like he was there, but unable to make a connection to communicate. Fynn could feel his wolf's emotions which mirrored his own- frustration, anger, worry, regret.

Fynn tried to reach out to his wolf again but no luck. He tried again, concentrating all his thoughts to his wolf. Finally, a connection! His wolf was strained, obviously trying to reach him too, "Go to she-wolf. Answers..."

Then the connection cut off. Fynn had to catch his breath from the strain.  After composing himself, he decided he would do what his wolf asked. He was going to go see that she wolf. 

He calmly walked back inside the estate and over to the door that led to the basement. Fynn walked down the stairs to find an open basement with four small cells built into it- making a bit of a makeshift dungeon. Two guards stood at the base of the stairs. The she wolf was chained in one of  the far ones from the stairs. The smell of blood was strong even from here. 

As he came to the bottom of the stairs, Fynn addressed the guards, "I'm here to speak to the prisoner." 

One of the guards shook his head, "Sorry. After the beating she got, we have orders to not allow visitors." 

Fynn's eyes flashed with anger, the necklace glowed, and he grabbed the guard by the neck and held him up above his head, "I am the Lycan Prince! Ligiea has trusted me with doing what I can for the cause. So unless you want to piss her off by telling her that you refused me when I was doing my job it's your fucking funeral! Now, LET ME PASS." 

The choking guard quickly nodded and Fynn released his grip, sending the guard tumbling on the ground. Fynn growled at him, "I have strict orders to be here off the books. You are not to mention it to anyone. Understand?" The terrified guards nodded and allowed Fynn to enter, giving him the key to her cell. 

The glowing faded on his necklace as he approached the cell where Demi was being kept. When Fynn got to her cell his heart broke. She was lying in a ball on the mattress, dried blood caking her body where gashes marred her beautiful caramel skin and bruises covered most of her body and face. Her curly black hair was matted, dried blood and sweat caked into it. Her wounds were barely healing due to the silver coated steel chains on her wrists and a faint smell of wolfsbane mingled with the smell of blood.