6

3 weeks later, you're finally off the hook and got home from the hospital. For the first time since you were given this dreadful diagnosis, your doctors finally gave you good news.

Since your tests turned out unremarkable, you can now go back to your own place. Your dad finally approved as long as Miri is with you.

Speaking of Miri, you haven't been with her in the past weeks. Namjoon sent you lots of pictures of her in school and put her on video calls. She would whine and lick on the phone screen a lot, sending Namjoon into a fit and you both laugh at how needy Miri looks.

You've been calling Namjoon to ask where he is since you wanted to take Miri with you to your apartment. He hasn't replied to your text messages and now he's not answering your call. What could possibly be wrong? You were left with no choice but to call Purple Paws.

📞 <Phone Conversation >
JIN: "Purple Paws, how can we help you."

AERA: "Hi, this is Aera."

JIN: "Aera, we haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

AERA: "Hey Mr. Kim, I'm doing great. Listen, I just want to know if Namjoon and Miri are still there."

JIN: "Oh Namjoon just left but Miri is here with Mr. Jeon."

AERA: "What? Uhm... are you sure Namjoon left?"

JIN: "Yes he did. Mr. Jeon is here, would you like to talk to him?"

AERA: "Yes please."

Jin gestured for Jungkook to take the receiver and his honey voice suddenly courses through, giving you a different kind of feeling.

JUNGKOOK: "Hello?"

AERA: "Hey, it's Aera. Mr Kim said Namjoon left and Miri's with you. Did something happen?"

JUNGKOOK: "Hey... Uhmmm, Namjoon's mom accidentally slipped in the bathroom so he had to run back home."

AERA: "Oh god, is she alright?"

JUNGKOOK: "I don't have any idea, I just volunteered to take care of Miri so he could go home."

AERA: "Okay, thanks. Can you wait for me to get Miri? I'll be there in 15 minutes."

JUNGKOOK: "Actually, I don't have anything planned today. Take your time."

Exactly 15 minutes after, Jungkook sees a cab pulling up into the driveway. He's tending to both dogs who are silently playing with a squeeze toy like a mini ping pong battle. Miri would whine losing to Bam and Bam cutely nudges the toy to Miri to keep her happy.

You stepped off the cab and Jungkook just had to take a moment to breathe properly. How could he forget how pretty you are? Your smooth skin, expressive eyes, flushed cheeks and plump lips are all he could think of in the past weeks you've been away.

Now you're here and he just wishes time could stop for him so he could look at you longer without being caught. He shook his head to snap out of the trance you brought, seeing you already spotted him. The last thing he wants is for you to be weirded out by his stare.

Miri and Bam dropped the game and did their happy dance around you. Alternately jumping on you then circling their way around your legs. This is making you dizzy since you're not used to having 2 giant dogs giving you their full attention.

Jungkook joins in to help you get a breather. "Hey... guys calm down..." He scoots over to take Miri, hugging her tight and Bam literally jumped on Jungkook as if keeping him from getting close.

You're just laughing there seeing Bam all jealous and clingy. "It's okay Bam... Miri's not snatching your dad." You said in a soft chuckle.

Jin on the background saw how happy you are playing around and took a candid photo for posting on the school's social bulletin.

"Thank you for looking after Miri... I really appreciate it." You look at Jungkook while hugging Bam, giving him a nice rub on his back.

"I told you it's nothing... they behaved really well the entire time." He said while kissing Miri on the forehead.

"Oh, Namjoon's mom is okay, just a minor bruise but just to make sure, she's spending the night in the hospital for observation." You informed him.

"Good! Uhmmm, nice to hear that your boyfriend's mom is okay." He says that casually and braces himself for your answer.

You almost choke on imaginary water and let out a coughing laugh. "Wait, what? Did Namjoon said he's my boyfriend?" You're holding on to your tummy like he just said the funniest joke.

"Not exactly.... It's my bad. I'm sorry, I just assumed he's your boyfriend since you left Miri with him." He said, giving you an apologetic smile.

"Miri's left with you, but you're not my boyfriend..." You blurt out too soon before realizing how awkward it sounded. Good thing he didn't tease you or act all cocky about it.

"I really wish I could..." He said that in his head but he can't let you know. Not just yet.

*******
🐾 "Thanks for reading Puppy Love... Please vote and leave comments when you can."