36

You're crying in bed after having a big fight with Jungkook

You're crying in bed after having a big fight with Jungkook. He's been coming home late in the past days and you're just tired of hearing the same excuse.

You finally gave him a piece of your mind when he came home late yet again. "I made dinner, just eat whenever." You tell him the moment he entered your home.

"Babe, please don't do this now. I'm really stressed out at work and you being like this isn't helping." He asked, almost pleading.

"Well sorry if I'm ruining your day. Don't worry, you won't hear from me anymore." You stood from the couch and left him there to go to bed.

Sniffling against your pillow, you look at the clock, it's almost midnight and you're just so messed up in your head right now. You're not sure why but you feel fired up all the time.

At the stroke of midnight, Jungkook hasn't followed you to bed and you can't help but feel alone. It's been like this for a week now. You're not sure how long you can take it. Then just like having a surge of hormones, you changed into your jeans and shirt.

After fetching your car keys from the bedside drawer, you quickly headed out. You passed by Jungkook, sleeping on the couch. He didn't even move when your front door beeped open. In your mind you just want to get far away from here.

Without thinking, you snuck out of there and drove to your condo, taking Miri with you. Even after months of being married you still kept your condo intact, not realizing you'll need it in times like this.

The first few months was a bliss, everything was perfect. Jungkook is so sweet and cooked breakfast every single morning while you take care of his things before going to work. In the afternoon he doesn't forget to check in on you while on his break.

At night when he comes home from work, he brings you a little something, flowers, chocolates, bubble tea... After dinner, he pampers you with lots of cuddling in the couch while watching TV. Then late at night he treats you with some more kisses that turn into hot, hot sessions of making love on every corner of the house.

You decided to take a break from work and focus on your paintings for now. Your hard work finally paid off when an international artist took interest in your art. Now he's been helping you set up your very first exhibit happening in a few days. You've been too busy yourself that you barely have time to eat breakfast with Jungkook or see him off to work in the morning.

Then he became busy as hell and home felt like a place you just crash in to sleep. One week of that suddenly made you feel all sorts of emotions. This isn't the life you pictured with Jungkook.

It's 2AM and you're just crying nonstop. "What is wrong with me?" You cry out loud and Miri just hurriedly went to your side, resting his chin on your ankle as she sits on the edge of the couch. "This isn't me... this isn't us."

Your thoughts were cut by the sharp buzzing of your phone. Without looking who might be calling you at this hour, you take your phone to your ear and you immediately recognize the worried voice on the other line.

"Babe?... I'm so sorry..." Jungkook says sincerely. You can hear background music and you instantly know he's in his car. "I'll be right there okay?... I love you."

He didn't cut the call and just let the silence float in the air. He hears your sobs and he can't help but blame himself over and over knowing he hasn't been there for you when you needed him.

He knew you've been stressed out about the upcoming exhibit and instead of supporting you, he just had to be all cranky about his own stressful encounters at work.

He knew he fucked up and if he could only turn back time, he'd rewind to last week before everything started. He'd eat dinner with you and watch your favorite series all cuddled up in the couch like always, instead of coming home late.

He'd make love to you every single night and pamper you in a warm bath before sleeping instead of working the entire night on his laptop. He'd wake you up with another hot session in bed and have breakfast after instead of running off to get to the office.

He knew he fucked up big time finding the bed empty with just your pillow soaked in tears at 2AM. It didn't take him a second to decide to get to his car and run after you.

You curl up in the couch, still on the call with Jungkook but not uttering a single word. You could hear the faint sound of his radio coupled with his precise movements when shifting gears. Though you try your hardest to stay awake, the ticking noise of his signal lights and the revving sound of his engine instantly lulled you to sleep.

*******
😬 "I bet you didn't see that coming huh?"