32

"Kook you said you're not coming so I cancelled your spot." Jimin said from the other line.

"Then get me back that spot or kick someone out then give me that spot!" He said gritting his teeth in irritation.

"What the hell happened to you? One minute you were dead sure of not coming then now you're asking me to bump someone to get you a spot." Jimin asked, confused.

Jungkook was really determined not to go but when he walked in on you in the closet, wearing a really nice swimsuit, asking him if it's ok that you're wearing it to the company outing, he just had to drop all bull shit about not coming.

"Hyung! Don't make me take your spot instead... Fix it!" He says with a low growl before ending the call and tossing his phone on the bed.

"What did he say?" You asked Jungkook who's now looking so gloomy and about to break down into a fit.

"He said he'll fix it." The bunny replied pouting.

"Babe... just let this one go. I promise I'll be careful." You sit beside him on the bed, tilting your body sideways to face him.

"Can't you just not go? I thought of not coming because I wanted to spend the weekend with you." He asked with those pleading puppy eyes.

"Okay..." You replied with a weak smile. All these years you've never been in a company outing and this was suppose to be something fun but not having Jungkook there might not be a good idea at all. "I'll just tell them that something came up."

Jungkook suddenly holds on to your arm, tugging it lightly. "Nah... don't cancel... Sorry I'm such a jealous monster... I just hate to think that everyone else gets to spend the weekend with you."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to call dad?" You volunteered.

"It's okay, I'll take care of it babe..." He said before giving your hand a firm squeeze.

*******
You're riding the bus with colleagues and you're just a few minutes away from the beach resort. The company rented the entire place and you're excited to hit the beach after so long.

You called Jungkook's cell but he didn't pickup. He was all clingy this morning and you almost didn't want to go but he eventually gave in when Jimin turned up to pick you up from your condo. You texted him instead and sent a cute selfie before you got off the bus.

Jimin was there on the other side of the parking lot, waving his hands in your direction. Spotting your luggage from a sea of bags neatly stacked in the bus' luggage compartment, you reach out for that purple trolley only to have it snatched by someone else.

"This is yours right?" Luke asked with a wide grin on his face.

"Thanks! I can take it from here." You reach out for your luggage but he was quick to take it away from your grasp.

"I'll take it to your room..." He insisted. Good thing Jimin came in and called him over. He had no choice but to go and you quickly got hold of your bag.

You were all gathered in the reception hall where free drinks are being served. Jimin walked up to you discreetly and was about to say something when Luke suddenly cuts in.

"Aera, some of us are meeting by the pool this afternoon. I was just wondering if you could join us?" He asked insistently.

"I'm not sure but I'll keep that in mind..." You replied with a smile.

"Aren't you getting tired of that guy following you around?" Jimin suddenly asked.

"He's very persistent but I don't know how to tell him... I mean, I can't just say 'sorry I'm already engaged'... what if he's just being nice?" You asked Jimin.

"Well he's being extra nice. I get what you're saying though... By the way, you may want to check in your room." Jimin chimed in mischievously. "We don't have anything planned for the first day so you have this entire time to yourself." Jimin somehow made that last statement sound mysterious before getting up to leave you.

"Hey Aera, did you get your card key yet?" One coworker asked, as they were all headed to their rooms

"Oh I'm still waiting for mine. You go ahead, I'm fine right here."

"Okay, just text us when you're up for a swim okay?" She said sweetly. You nodded to that before they all disappeared from the lobby.

You're finally given a card key and was on your way to your room when a text came in. Seeing Jungkook's message made you call him instead.

"Where were you? I've been trying to call but you're not picking up." You said pouting, letting him know you're a bit disappointed.

"Babe, sorry I was on the road..." Jungkook replied, hiding the excitement in his tone.

You swipe the key card on your door and quickly got in. You almost got a heart attack seeing a man in your room. You were about to duck out of there when he suddenly turned around to face you.

"Surprise!" Jungkook said with a big grin on his face.

You giggled loudly, dropping everything on the floor and running to your man squealing like a little girl. You jumped on him, draping both arms over his shoulders while both your legs are wrapped around his hips.

He catches you perfectly, holding your thighs and firmly pressing you against him. "What's wrong with you?! Why didn't you tell me you're coming?"

"That's the point of a surprise babe..." He says chuckling cutely at you. He plants a quick kiss on your lips and you just melted like butter.

*******
💜 "Thanks again for reading my work!"