14

After feeding both Miri and Bam, Jungkook was nice enough to take them for a short walk. He's been staying over several times this past week and would only go home to get more stuff for himself and Bam.

Miri likes having Bam around and can't seem to sleep without him snuggled near her. So Jungkook leaves Bam in the morning and fetches him in the afternoon, but they always ended up sleeping over anyway.

You and Jungkook haven't really talked about the status of your relationship. Is this even a relationship to begin with?

What if you're just doing this because it's what's convenient for both of you? Would you have hooked up on your own and spend time with each other if Miri didn't get pregnant?

Thoughts of uncertainty cross your mind and you're not sure if talking to Jungkook about it is a good idea. What if you find out he's only here until Miri needs Bam?

Then you'd be broken and will have to deal with the awkward situation that he's just staying for the extra "benefits" of helping you out with Miri's situation.

Then there's another nagging thought that's been bugging you. The need to get another service dog hasn't been resolved. You've been putting it off for more than a week now and Dr. Min wasn't so thrilled about it when you showed up this afternoon without one.

Of course you said a little white lie about having several prospects in mind, but he was quick to emphasize the importance that you have to get one this week.

Where do you even begin? Getting a new dog will look very suspicious in Jungkook's eyes. Maybe, it's about time to tell him.

After dinner, you both sent Miri and Bam to sleep. Jungkook actually brought in some of Bam's stuff and bought a bigger bed for both of them to share.

He's also made the extra room in your apartment "puppy friendly" and got rid of the things that can hurt them. He was like a doting grandpa to your future grandpups.

You find yourselves snuggling under a warm blanket in your couch, watching a new series on Netflix. Maybe tonight isn't the right time tot talk to him about your thoughts but you're running out of time, so you decided to just reveal getting a new dog and let the conversation flow from there.

"I'm getting a new dog..." Now it's out there!

"Hmmm? So suddenly? Remember we're having 5 puppies or more in the next 4 to 5 weeks?" He said while both eyes are still glued to the TV screen.

"Yeah, it's not because I want to but Dr. Min suggested it last week and he's not letting me get off the hook about it." You replied.

At this point Jungkook's eyes furrowed and he finally looked at you as you're sitting beside him, with your head resting on his sturdy chest while his arm is wrapped around your body.

He reaches for the remote and paused the program. You both sit up straight and face each other, sitting sideways from your original position on the couch.

"There's something about me that you need to know... Not that I'm concealing it from you but it's something I don't usually tell people... I also think it's important that you know before you even decide to continue this with me." You said, trying not to sound so dramatic about it.

"Okay... I'm all ears." He said seriously, rubbing your arm softly.

"I have Idiopathic Seizure Disorder. I found out when I had my first episode at the age of 22. I used to have daily attacks but after joining several clinical trials, my attacks went down to 3-5 times a year."

"Miri is not just my pet, she's my service dog and it's because of her that I get prompted few minutes before having an episode." You tell him how Miri's been amazing and up to this point her accuracy is up to a hundred. There was never an episode in the past that she wasn't able to detect.

You continued explaining to Jungkook that without warning, your life can be on the line. Since your disorder has no known triggers, it can happen at anytime and any place, thus placing you in danger of accidents. This is also why you don't drive.

You've been talking for 20 minutes straight about your current condition and living setup with Miri, getting a few nods of acknowledgment from the young man in front of you.

You've never shared this much about yourself to anyone and it's nerve wracking to even think that Jungkook might bail out sooner than you hope.

Actually you can't blame him if he does walk away. It's hard enough to maintain a relationship without the added drama and excess baggage. So maybe you did the right thing, telling him up front before he even commits himself.

He sat there quietly ingesting every detail you shared. Then there it was, you can clearly see the anger in his eyes, the frustration, the regrets.

*******
💜 "Thanks again for reading this story!"