28

"Babe, your office looks really nice. Did you get to design it yourself?" You asked, looking at Jungkook while he's busy driving. You haven't noticed how he's been too quiet, you didn't suspect that something was wrong since he's been like this for the past days.

Things in the office have made him a bit more busy and distant but you totally understand since your dad was like that when he was still running the company.

"I wish I can design it for you someday... that's if you want a change." You tell him happily, imagining how you'd like his office to feel like home, so he'd feel relaxed and calm even when at work.

"Sure babe..." He finally replied. To you this wasn't unusual, he still called you babe so you have no suspicions whatsoever. Little did you know that he's been upset noticing you're not wearing your ring to work.

"I hope they're all complete so we could eat right away... I'm starving." You motion to your tummy and looked at Jungkook sideways, trying to act all cute and needy.

"Hobi said he got there early to help setup." He replied, not glancing your way even if the stoplight turned red. Again, you're still clueless that he's not his usual self around you.

He pulls up into the driveway of your dad's house and you're so happy to see all of your friends' cars in the parking space.

"I think they're all here! Let's go!" You hurriedly got out of the car and pulled Jungkook's hand, striding into the living room.

"There you you are! We thought you guys already ditched us." Namjoon happily greeted you, walking over to give you a tight hug. He immediately sensed something different about Jungkook but seeing how happy and unaffected you looked, reassured him that it might be due to work and not something to do with your relationship.

"We wouldn't miss a free meal... you know us better than that." You replied, before making your rounds to greet everyone. Yoongi, Jin and your dad are still busy in the garden preparing the steak and barbecue.

You went to the kitchen to offer help and found Hobi busy preparing the steak sauce. "Where are the kids?" You asked about Miri, Bam, Holly and the pups.

"They're having a nice game of catch with Jimin and his date." Hobi says winking at you.

"He brought a date?" You asked looking really surprised. From what Jungkook already told you, Jimin has never been serious with anyone.  Wait, this means Jungkook doesn't know too since he would've said something to you about it.

You went back tot he living room and Jungkook wasn't there. Maybe he went outside to help with dinner? You went over to where the boys are grilling the steak and Jungkook wasn't there either.

"Hey dad... have you seen Jungkook?" You asked, looking around for him. You wave at Yoongi and Jin who are still busy preparing dinner.

"He was here a couple of minutes ago, I thought he went inside to get you." Your dad said.

"I was at the kitchen with Hobi. I'll look for him inside. Thanks!" You were about to head back in but you heard Jungkook's laugh from afar.

You headed to the far end of your garden and saw Jungkook with Jimin trying to have a good match of Tennis but miserably fail as the dogs are running around interrupting the game.

It was so heart warming hearing your Kookie having a blast, laughing his heart out playfully with your precious dogs. You come closer and finally saw someone you're not familiar with.

It must be Jimin's date? Jimin saw you first and waved a hand, distracting Jungkook and the other guy who stood immediately before standing next to Jimin.

"Hey Aera..." Jimin said, pulling the other guy by his arm to walk straight to your direction. "This is Taehyung, my childhood friend." He gestures to the gorgeous guy behind him.

"Hey Aera, I'm his childhood sweetheart... he's just too shy to admit it." Taehyung said with a boxy smile.

You take his hand to shake and gave him a big smile. "It's nice to meet you..."

You were having a nice chit chat with the guys while Jungkook opted to play with Bam. Finally noticing how he's been very aloof around you, you walked over to him and hugged him from behind. "There you are..."

You tiptoe your way up to reach Jungkook's shoulder, resting your chin on top. "Hey..." You say, tightening your arms around his waist. "Are you tired?"

He places a hand on your arm, rubbing it lightly. "Just a little... You?"

"Not really..." You make your way in front of him and he adjusts his arms to pull you in for a hug.

He takes a whiff of your scent, nuzzling his nose through your hair. Having you near him feels like home. He's never felt so accepted, loved and craved for until you came.

You place your fingers on either side of his head, softly massaging his temples in a circular motion. "I wish I can relieve your stress at work." You sweetly whisper.

His heart is bursting, feeling guilty being upset over something so petty. "Of course you do babe." Just looking at you makes his stress fade away and now he's regretting why he's been an ass since this afternoon.

He could've shown you how happy he really was seeing you in his office but he ignored you instead. Being the angel you are, you didn't mind being ignored. You just waited for him patiently to finish up with work.

Now he feels so stupid ignoring you. Jungkook lifts your chin with his hand and plants a soft kiss on your lips. Slowly and sweetly he traps your lower lip between his own, kissing you tenderly not minding the guys who've been calling you both to eat dinner.

*******
🐶 "few more chapters left for Aera and Jungkook... Thank you for the love guys!"