Part One

They stared down at me. "Sorry, just went to pick something up. Excuse me..." I say trying to walk away, until it brought some women's attention. She muttered something and then the thugs came trying to throw a couple of punches at me.

I dodged for as long as I could. Then they got on nerves. I managed to take them out, then I managed to make a quick escape.

I ran until I got to the bar and then all that had been forgotten because I was now about to have myself a well deserved drink. I walk up to the bar and take a seat. I keep taking deep breaths, in and out. "Can I get you anything?" The bartender asked me as I continue to steady my breathing. "Yeah, a whiskey would be great." I say politely, but desperate for that drink. "Your bleeding by the way." The bartender tells me, I touch above my eyebrow to see blood on my fingers. I gave a light hum and took a sip from my drink.

I gave a gaze to my surroundings, people playing poker, people having conversations, and non-friendly conversations. A women sat next to me, the one from earlier, I just kept my head down and tried not to give any attention. "Hard night?" The women asks, she had a metal arm, I thought it looked really badass.

"I guess." I reply, trying not to get into a proper conversation. She looked at me up and down. "You working for anyone? I seen what you did back there. Impressive." The women says. I didn't know she knew it was me, I was in need of works though.

"My boss, he would properly like to meet you." She said trying to convince me, more and more. I took another sip of my strong alcohol drink. I turned my head to face her. "What's he looking for, another thug? Cus I've got to tell you. Not my line of business." I tell her and then once again I took a sip from my drink.

"No, I think he'd want more from you." She says with a smirk on her face. I straightened my posture, I take a gaze at my drink. Screw it, I was homeless, and I could put my skill into some use. "Alright, I'm interested..."

The women takes a sip from her own drink and gives me a light smile. "Good, I'll talk to my boss." She says pouring the rest of her drink in her mouth, then standing up. She didn't say anymore, she just left. I sat there spinning my glass around and sipping on it. It was so good to finally drink. I seen that women come back to me.

"You ready?" She asks, I look at her confused. What was she on about. "For what?" I ask I was facing her, she then looked at my drink then me again.

"Finish up, he wants to meet you." My eyes widen. Now? Already? I poured the rest of the drink down my throat, I then nodded and followed her up some stairs. She took me to a corridor and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A raspy voice said from the inside of the room. I walked in behind the women. It was an office, dark furniture and dark colours filled the room. In front of me was a desk and a man sitting behind that desk, I began to feel nervous. What had I gotten myself into? I felt a breeze of cold air pass by me, making me more on edge.

The man sitting behind the desk had slick back hair, a red long sleeved shirt and a black vest with gold highlighting it. His face. His face was half scarred and his eye was black with an orange pupil. I had never seen anything like it before.

He gazed at my appearance before saying. "So, you have the ability to take down some of my strongest men..." He says, I nodded back. "Sevika, Leave us." He says as he stands up. The women's name must be Sevika, as she left and closed the door behind her.

Once he stood up, he came to the front of his desk, and leaned against it lightly, only a couple feet away from me. I just stood there nervously, in silence. "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not that intimidating." He chuckled. "You seem quite quiet there..."

"I'm y/n." I say, But without him telling me, I assumed he was the one running the place after Vander died. "Ah well, Y/n, Sevika told me you were quite impressive, and She doesn't bring strays in often." He says, he then paused and continued. "I could use someone with that skill, I can offer you a job, Working for me, and me personally."

"I don't want to be a pawn." I say boldly, nerves still going off. He looks at me, and stopped leaning on this desk. "And that you won't be, you'll have your say." He says and again takes a pause and continues. "But tell me, Y/n, would assassination be a problem for you."

"Easy stuff...With the right equipment."