Part Twenty-Nine

UPDATE PLEASE READ
The final will be posted after my 12-part short story called Last Forever, Please
First three chapters up now!
Again, thanks for the support and enjoy :)
I wake up earlier than Silco, he's snoring away so I carefully sit up and leave the bed, covering him with a blanket from where I was keeping him warm.

I put on the clothes that were lying on the floor, my vest and shorts along with Silco's shirt, so I wouldn't get cold. I left the bedroom quietly and went to the kitchen.

I first made coffee for the both of us and then made some toast. I just made plain toast with butter, nothing special. I made 4 slices and put them on the same plate because I couldn't be bothered taking out another.

I then take the two mugs and plate though to the bedroom. I leave Silco's mug on the side table on his side of the bed and then go to mine. I sit with my legs crossed while I start scoffing my breakfast.

I see Silco stir awake and then open his eyes to me. "Morning love, toast?" I offer. He just smiled at me, I smile in return and offer him the plate.

He sits up and takes it from me. "Your up early." He says. "You look good in that." He says referring to his red shirt I put on.

"Yes, well after last night I wanted to treat you to breakfast in bed, your coffee is on the table." I say before kissing his cheek. "Enjoy my prince."

I get out of bed and head for the shower. I unintentionally left the door open but didn't notice. I take off all my clothes and get in the shower, turning the nob to turn on the shower.

I felt the water trickle down my back and stomach. I run my hands through my scalp, making sure all my hair is wet. "Oh." I say as arms wrap around my lower waist. "Hello~" I say before turning around to see my love trying to join me in the shower.

"May I help?"

"Who would be crazy enough to decline that offer.."

After we both helped each other shower (and have a little more fun 😉) we got out and dried ourselves.

"You have to go see singed before you surprise your mum, remember?" Silco reminds me as he looked at the time.

"Ah shit, yes I forgot. I'll get going." I say as I finish putting my top on. I look at myself in the mirror and run my hands through my wet hair as Silco came behind me and kissed my shoulder. "I'll be fine by myself, you need to come up with a solution to are issue."

"What issue?"

"Ever since I've been back I haven't seen you with jinx, you need to sort out the firelights and get productions out quicker."

"I'm trying love."

"Take more time for yourself, it will clear your mind, you can't say that last night wasn't a relief?"

"Indeed it was."

=========

I sit there as he shines a light in my eyes and checks if my nerves function the way they should be. Which they were because of all the resting and "taking it easy" I've been doing. Except last night.

"You seem fine."

"Thank you singed."

"Now, I don't expect you back here for at least a month." He tells me off. I chuckled at his statement and stood up. "No promises my friend." I tell him.

"Have a good day, y/n."

"You too!" I shout back before leaving and making my way back to the last drop.

I walked through the musty lanes in silence and I heard all the commotion going on around me. People fighting with their landlords or drunken men. Either or it was shouting of some kind.

I made my way into the last drop and it was quieter than the usual. But two Pacific people brought my attention. Jinx had her head leaned on the bar while my mother sat next to her.

"Mama!" I say before running up to her and giving her a hug. My mother stays in shock before hugging me tightly. "Surprise!" Jinx calls out. I put out an arm and take her into the hug too. "Come here you!" I say taking her in.

After are hug mother held onto the sides of my arms and looked at me. "Your really better?" She asks. I simply nod my head.

"Last check up was today." I smile.

She puts a hand on the side of my face that was different. My brightly coloured eye.  "Yeah, I know it's different but It saved me." I tell her.

"Your perfect anyhow."

Mother told me everything she had done in the past year, along with vicktor's new project. The Hexgates. The way she explained it could be a problem for our production.

Mother didn't know we were involved in the production of shimmer and I wanted to keep her from knowing. It wouldn't just complicate everything but our relationship we and recently gotten.

After hours of the three of us talking, it started to get dark. "I should really go before jasmine comes down here with knives looking for me." She says.

"Aunt jasmine?" I ask.

"Yes, we should have all of you over. So you can meet the family." She tells me.

"I have more family!" Jinx yelps I'm excitement.

"Yes, well there is quite a few of us. Anyway, good bye my lovelies." She says as she then kisses my cheek then jinx's. She picks up her satchel and puts it over her shoulder.

We wave to her as she turns to us at the door. She waves back and blows jinx a kiss. So adorable. My heart melts for their relationship.

Jinx sits their a lets out a yawn. "Someone looks tired." I tell her with that 'you need sleep' look on my face.

"Yeah yeah I'll go, night." She says standing up.

"Night night jinx." I say to her as she leaves for the stairs.

I now sit at the bar alone and admiring my surroundings, then an idea comes to mind. I stand up and walk over to the inside of the bar. I bend down and find the shift books.

Thieram is are only bartender at the moment, according to the logs, so I put my name down for a couple of shifts a week.

Maybe putting my violent ways behind me is a lead for a new future...