Part Nine

The next two years were rough.

I managed to get a place. Nothing to big but it worked. I was now a mysterious faceless assassin for hire. No one had ever seen my face since I started.

I did jobs, around 4 a week with a high pay rate. Half the time the victim would never see me which is why I earned so much.

I kept my distance from shimmer and The Last Drop. Rumours went around about what went down. But I wasn't doing to be dragged back to that place.

I had scarring on the sides of my Arms reminding me what I went through. Every single day.

I had this one job. I was told to meet my client outside an old warehouse. So that's what I did. I made my way to the warehouse.

I never met them at my apartment. They would find out who I was. I went to the meeting spot and no one was there.

Five minutes later I see Sevika come from behind a wall. Shit! Sevika! I look around to see no quick escapes. I told myself to chill out. "My boss wants you to find a women."

"I don't work for people like you and your boss." I say, the mask muffled my voice so she didn't recognise it.

"Look, I don't care who you work for or not but your damn good at finding people." She says. "Find this women, and I'll pay you twice as your usual pay." She says passing me a photo.

Of me?

Silco wanted me back? Why would he? After everything he did!

I took a couple seconds to think. If I told her I was dead, Silco wouldn't hunt me down? Great idea

"I know her." I say. This was my chance to clear my name. A great opportunity. "She was killed by one of my victims right before their own death. She's dead"

"Are you sure!?"

"I'm sure, if we're done?" I say passing back the photo.

She doesn't reply. I then nod and take off and go back home. I kick open my apartment door and slam it shut after me. "Fuck!" I scream, sinking down to the ground. My knees tucked into my chest.

Seeing Sevika made all the emotions come back. It had been forever since I remembered the whole incident. I hoped I would just forget about it, which I didn't. It haunted me, a cloud above me head. Reminding me constantly.
=======

I woke up the a couple of mornings later,  realising I had nothing to eat in so I decided to go to market not far from my apartment building. I left my mask,i wasn't on the job so there was no point in hiding my face.

I got my cloak and my coins from a cupboard. Then I left the apartment. Walking down the streets was nothing new but today seemed quieter. "Hey chase, where is everyone?" I ask. Chase was one of the stall mangers, he'd be come quiet close to me as a friend. Very polite and he made fair deals.

He didn't reply, he just gestured to the younger women in the mist. Now I see everyone looks terrified, I quickly jump over the stall and hide behind it with chase. I heard the women giggle- no?

She skipped along the street and before she got to near my stall I stood up. Blue braided hair-

She stopped. Jinx stopped. As if she seen a ghost; which she did. She didn't say anything. Chase pulled at my leg to get me to duck down but I walked from behind the stall. "Jinx, your grown up?" I say walking over to her.

She throws herself on me, holding me tightly. "I missed you.." she says into my chest. I wrap my arms around her. "I did too.." after a couple more minutes I pull away.

"What's doing on! What are you doing?"

"I'm carrying out a mission."

"He has you doing his dirty work?"

"I guess."

"Well, I'm just glad your safe."

======================
Me and Jinx went back to my place. I told her all about what I had to do to live. I was in deeply sorry for leaving and felt a sort of guilt. "I'm so sorry, I felt that the letter was never enough but I'm glad we ran into each other." She looks at me confused.

She looks lost for words. "Letter! You left a letter!" She said loudly.

"And my dagger, did you not receive them?"

She shook her head.

"That sick bastard." I say under my breath.

"You want to get some sweet revenge?"

"That would be, enjoyable..."

=======

Short I know but lots of information at the one time!!