Part Fifteen

Jinx's warm body was snuggled into mine. It was late and recently she'd been waking up in the middle of the night, afraid to go back to sleep.

She couldn't explain why. Every time it came out in stutters and tears. It was definitely to do with depression. I had experienced something similar when I was separated from Silco, 2 years ago, or when I was first left to the streets.

Silco had been dealing with shimmer issues and had to spend most of his time away from The Last Drop which also might of triggered it.

I brought the duvet up and covered her. I stroked her hair and I knew she was asleep again. Eventually I change positions to hugging her and also fell asleep.

I woke up quite early but I wasn't just still hugging jinx, I had another body snuggled into me on the other side. I turned my head to see the top of Silco's head.

He must of came in late last night and went to go check up on me. Only to find jinx with me.

I stroked my hand through is messy, partly slicked back hair. He must of been really tired to sleep so soundly. As I put my hands through is hair a fell back asleep, only to wake up alone.

Realised that the two warm bodies surrounding me had left my side. I opened my eyes and scanned the room. A letter had been placed on my bedside table.

I sit up and take the note to my lap.

I'm going to take the day to spend sometime with jinx. She's been a bit down lately so I wanted to make her a bit happier.

You've been amazing the past couple of weeks and I couldn't thank you enough. Works been difficult but I'll make it up to the both of you. Promise.

Later tonight I have a surprise for you. Dress formally, and be ready for 10pm.

- Silco

I smiled. Jinx would be delighted to spend the day with him.   I waited another 20 minutes before getting up. I didn't get dressed I just picked up a book and started reading.

I was reading a fictional book. Looked like something jinx's sister would read. Did I forget to mention? She kept stuttering her name while explaining her dreams.

"Vi-v-v-I M-m-my"

"Jinx calm, it's okay, breathe"

She recently talked about her old life a lot more. That concerned me. But I brushed it off my chest and decided to shower.

I finished showering and got dressed into my normal clothes. I brushed my hair but barely towel drying it so it would turn wavy eventually once it naturally dried.

I got to the kitchen and made myself something to eat. I sat at the dining room table and Sevika burst in. "Silco! We have a problem!"

"Silco's not here. What happened?" I asked, yelling my voice a little. The words made me panic and I stood up.

"I think Silco should know first, no offence y/n."

"I understand but he's taking the day off, if it's urgent, I'm the only one who can help."

"Shit. Y/n, please don't panic."

"Your worrying me now."

"Your dad, he escaped..."

I fell back to my chair. I couldn't hear was Sevika was saying. I only thought about how angry he was that day. The day I visited.

"Y/N DONT LEAVE ME HERE! Y/N!"

"Fuck! Y/n! Y/n look at me." Sevika was knelt down in front of me with a hand on my leg. (Not simping for her rn 😅) "y/n!" She then slapped me in the face.

"Hey..." I growled.

"Get ahold of yourself! He's escaped that's all! You have half of Silco's men hunting him down with me by your side. He's not getting anywhere near you."

"Yeah...yeah." I calmed down. "Thank you, Sevika."

"I want to find him myself, before he finds me." I say after taking time to think. "I want the advantage, I don't want to be a helpless girl anymore."

"Now that's the y/n I remember, come on let's head out."

After grabbing my cloak me and Sevika left the bar. She had a cloak covering her Shimmer arm and I had mine over my shoulders and over my head.

We walked through the streets. We went to the warehouse and got down to the cell. "Look, right there. He managed to break that wall with something and manage to climb out into that vent." I say pointing at the hole in the brick wall and the mental wall on the other side. "But with what?" I say talking to myself. I take off my hood and bend down. Looking at my surroundings.

"No trace of anywhere he went. Marcus is on the lookout topside, anywhere he could of went?"

"One place. I doubt it's still in one piece but if he wanted me to come to him, he would of went there."