Part Five

[Silco's POV]

I came back to hopefully tell (y/n) about what I had done to them in return but she fell asleep. Jinx was sitting on the end of the bed. She looked sad.

I came over to her and knelt down. "Come on Jinx, she needs her rest." I say offering her my hand. She takes it and I walk her out of the room. "Will she ever get better?" She asks me, looking up at me. "Only time will tell, go back to your room, I'll look after her." I tell Jinx, she nods and goes back up to her room. I returned to the room and back to the side of her bed.

I can't believe this happened.
I wasn't careful enough.
They went after her for greed.

I then take my hands and put them behind her back and put her down so she was lying down properly and more comfortable. I took my paper work into the room with me and sat on the chair while I let her rest. It was my responsibility to help her recover from something that happened because of me.

Just Because I didn't make a stupid deal!
It haunts me that next time they could go after Jinx.
But I wouldn't let that happen.
But I would never want this to happen either.

========================================

*Time Skip*
In the next couple of days, she became more active, her arm control came back, which was great. Though they were weak, she could at least hold objects and things like that but she couldn't hold them for long. They really did something to her but not even singed knew what they did.

She stayed in bed a lot still and I wasn't that fussed about it. I refused to meet with some clients after the whole incident and focused on (y/n), part of me still blamed myself for what had happened to her.

She would laugh and smile while playing with Jinx. It made me feel better knowing she was happy talking to Jinx, it made the whole process easier for me.

Though I wasn't the one in pain, I still felt a lot of guilt and tried making up for it.

I walked in on Jinx braiding (y/n)'s hair, "didn't mean to interrupt." I said, going to the chair to pick up some paperwork I had left there. They then continued talking and I seen (y/n) smile. At least she's happy. At least she isn't miserable, if I was in her position I would be so miserable which was why I felt less guilty because she wasn't miserable.

Later that day I came in with for something for her to eat and I noticed Jinx was lying next to her asleep with her stroking her hair. "Shhh, she's asleep." (Y/n) tells me. I nodded and quietly closed the door behind me. The chair was now moved next to her bed, Jinx must of moved it earlier.

[Y/n's POV]
He came and sat next to me, I took my eyes of Jinx and turned to him. He gave me my dinner and I smiled at him. "Thank you, for everything." I say quietly, trying not to wake Jinx.

I started eating what he had given me, it was already cut up for me, so I didn't have an issue. Now and again my arms would have a strike of pain go up my arm, reminding me of the pain I felt when they were injecting me.

I continue to eat, while Silco stood up and went to carry Jinx to bed. When he stood up the air got cold again, the heat coming of his body was keeping me warm.

When he came back I was finished. I put the dishes on the other end of the bed away from me. "Did you like it?" He asked looking at the empty dishes.

I smiled back and said "I did..." I sat their playing with my thumbs and I felt him sit next to my bed. "When can things go back to the way they are supposed to be?" I ask. Only because I was bored and felt pathetic.

He didn't respond. I then sighed and leaned against the wall behind my bed. "I don't like sitting around." I fussed, I had never really sat in bed for days on end. "I'm not forcing you to stay." He told me, I then faced him. "I suggest, being a little more, aware though." He said to me. I nodded, he then leaned back in the chair he was sitting in.

"Why do you still blame yourself?"

I seen the look on his face when I boldly said that. He, again, didn't respond. "What happened wasn't your fault, they seen a target in hopes for bribery or a hostage. It's just what happens down here, it's not anything new-"

"I know!" He snapped back at me.

"They seen how I stayed by your side, And they were filled with greed. It isn't your fault. So stop punishing yourself with what happened."

========================================

The next day, as soon as I got up, I got out of bed and got dressed in similar clothes I wore when I was attacked. Pistols on my waist, daggers in my coat. It was quite late in the morning but I went through to the bathroom to do my hair.

I looked at my reflection and seen the scarring go up my neck. Still red and inflamed. I touched it and felt a slight sting.

I then continued to brush my hair out and that's when I felt I tickle in my throat. I started coughing as anyone would and some blood came out of my mouth and landed in the sink, in front of me.

I turned the tap and washed it away. I wiped my mouth and exited the bathroom. I went back to my room and sat on the chair of my desk. I then heard Sevika exit Silco's office and I raced out of my room to go see her.

"Got anything I can help you with?" I said as I came up to her. She looked at me, and at the scarring up my neck. "I'm going to go check on the production, you can come with me." She offered as we walked down the stairs.

"Sure!" I say as we then walk through crowd of the bar and walk are way to the where the shimmer was being made.

When we arrived Sevika went to go talk to someone with a clipboard and I just watched everything around me. It was a cold place, kinda dark and everyone around me was working.

Pushed crates around or walking quickly to another room. I was stood behind Sevika watching my surroundings. She finishes talking to the person in front of her and turns her attention to me.

"We're done here." She says blankly. I nod and follow her back. When returning outside I noticed how hot it was in there, the cold rushed through me. I didn't stop walking but the cold air definitely surprised me.

We walked back, but once we got somewhere close by to The Last Drop. Sevika stopped. "I've got some more things to get on with, by myself." She said.

"That's fine, hope they go well!" I say before parting ways and I go back to The Last Drop. I went in and it was crowded. I pushed past everyone and went to the stairs.

Going up the stairs I heard the sound of someone sobbing. Jinx. I had been gone for an hour and hadn't seen her today. Once I realised it most likely was her I rushed up the stairs. When I got to the corridor, outside my room and Silco's office, I seen Jinx. She was lying on the floor crying.

I walked over towards her, "Jinx, is everything alright?" I say walking toward her. When I got closer I got on my knees in front of her. She noticed it was me, she leaped at me and hugged me tightly. She cried into my chest.

"You and Silco were gone and I thought you left me." She says after calming down a bit. She was really upset by this. I put my arm over her. "I wouldn't leave." I told her, "How could I leave my favourite girl?" I say, she pulls away and looks up at me. She smiles and I wipe her tears off of her face.

In the next hour me and jinx spend time with each other. She was doing her drawings at my desk, while I was reading on my bed. She would ask me to come and see her drawings and I noticed her creativity skills. She used bright colours and it was truly amazing what she drew. They were only little doodles but they were really good.

I was staring into my book when someone appeared at the door frame and knocked. "Y/n, can I talk to you?" It was Silco. I stood up, "Back in a minute, Jinx." I say before joining Silco outside my room and closing the door.

"You went to the factory with Sevika?" He asked as I closed the door. I then turned to face him, "yeah, is there a problem?"

"No, no problem."