Part ten

[Silco's POV]
Jinx hadn't returned in hours. All my men were looking for her.

It wasn't till late that night she returned home. She burst into my office, smiling with glee. "Where were you! I was worried sick!" I shout at her, angry that she would leave me to be worried. "Sheesh, I'm not hurt!" She says with her hands in the air, surrendering.

"So- I was wondering if I could borrow a dagger?"

"For what! What would you possibly need to do at this hour with a dagger?"

"One of mine broke!"

"Look I don't have what your wanting, you should be in bed!"

"Fine! But I need one by morning!" She says then leaving the room. I could already tell something was up. As she closed the door I seen a shadow walk behind jinx through the crack of the door.

It wasn't until the next morning I remembered of this. I had slept on the couch of my office and woke up to the sound of the door knocking.

I groaned and sat up. "What?" I snapped. Jinx came in. "Morning!" She said to me, "Do you have what I need! This project is suuupperr important."

I looked at her and too the drawer in my desk. It was as if she knew. I stood up and walked to my desk and opened the drawer. It had collected dust over the years.

I brought it out of the drawer and her eyes lit up. I blew the dust of and walked towards Jinx. "Be careful with this." I say handing it to her.

She smiled at me "Thanks!" She said. I turned to the couch and when I look back she had disappeared.

[Y/n's POV]

I watched as Jinx returned. "You got it?" I ask. Her hands were behind her back and then pulled the dagger from behind.

"He gave it up."

"I'm just glad it finally goes back to you" I say to her. We sat down at her desk. It wasn't really a room but she had made it her own.

It looked to be a kind of giant fan thing but it was very cool. "So what's the plan?" I ask Jinx. She sits next to me.

We discuss for hours on what we could do. We had too many good ideas. But in all it was ruined.

We were listening to music while talking and all of a sudden it stopped. "Jinx!" I didn't look up, I already knew who it was.

"Can't you see I'm busy!"

"What happened last night? You didn't finish the mission, who's your friend?"

He didn't see my face or recognised the back of my head, as my hair had been dyed. I look up and face him. "Oh" I giggle. "Just an old friend..." he stood as still as a statue. Jinx laughed. "He looks like he has seen a ghost!" She says while hysterically laughing.

I put on a smirk. He doesn't say a thing and just stares. "Well there goes are plan for revenge..." I say trying to break the silence but also disappointed. "Gee, not as talkative anymore, that's a change."

"What- Your dead! I was told you died! I-"

"If your going to say you mourned my death, honoured." I say. "But you can't get rid of me that easily...Lying to Jinx would always come back to bite you in the ass." I say standing up, I kept a smirk on my face.

"Y/n, I'm sorry..."

"Bullshit. Jinx thought I abandoned her!" I yell. "She spent so long in pain and I'm going to make you pay!"

"Y/n wait!" Jinx yelled before I would start threatening him with the knife which was in my pocket. "He deserves to suffer! Like you did like I did!"

"He regretted that everyday...Yes, he lied but- he has changed." Jinx was standing up for him? Why!

I turn back to Silco. "She's right...I do regret what I did. Please, I've tried everything to find you again. Just to explain..."

"Which is why you got Sevika to hire me to find...me?"

"That was you?" Jinx asked. I turn my head. "Girls got to find away to make a living. Abandonment doesn't pay much."

"Y/n can we talk? In private? Please..." Silco asks. It had been two years and he still wanted to make amends. I took a second to answer. I seen the look on Jinx's face and then seen Silco's. If I'm going to repay Jinx in anyway, maybe here is where I start...I thought to myself.

"Fine. This is only for Jinx." I say. He lead me to his office. We were in complete silence until I sat down on the couch and he sat at his desk.

"I would like to apologise. For hurting you and with that hurting Jinx. I have an understanding she seen you as another parental figure and I threw that away and I'm sorry"

Wow. He was been very mature about it. That surprised me, I didn't think he'd admit to his own actions like that.

"Well I appreciate that. But I cared for Jinx and I tried leaving her something and not abandoning her like her sister did, what you did was completely out of order and let's not go into what happened before that..."

"Y/n I had no intentions of hurting you. He forced it on me- I. I wanted too- I tried. He tried taking out my men! And all I wanted was you save!" He was really upset. The most I've ever seen him.

"Leaving wasn't easy" I say after a wide silence. "I spent nights trying to pull myself together, but it wasn't until I seen Jinx that, that I realised how much a threw away over childhood trama." (Totally not quoting my ex-best friend)

"No...you had every right to leave. I'm supposed to be the most feared man in zaun, and here comes this amazing women..." I started to blush. "skilful but very beautiful. I, I was taken away by this woman and maybe it was because I was falling for her, but I let my guard down."

His speech was heart warming. He wasn't lying. "And this women, is she forgiving?" I ask, I knew the answer. But he didn't.

"I really hope she is."

I gazed into his eyes. "What happened to him? Is he still out there."

"For the past 2 years he's been in captivity."