1: The Night That Starts It All

(Don't Fear) The Reaper- Blue Öyster Cult

❝Came the last night of sadness

And it was clear she couldn't go on❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE NIGHT THAT
STARTS IT ALL
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen Henderson is a beacon of light in Hawkins Indiana.

She brings a certain sense of innocence to the town, which is ironic given that she could be considered the most tainted soul of all.

Everyone knows the girl, even if they hadn't had a direct interaction with her. The mysterious adopted Henderson. She was deemed as incredibly kind, loyal, and extremely intuitive.

She's a good judge of character in that way. She can tell by the slightest twitch of an eyebrow what another person is feeling or thinking.

You can blame her trust issues on that one... or her morbid curiosity.

Right now, she's riding her bike through the neighborhood to pick up her little brother from the Wheelers' house, cutting through some shortcuts that were bound to get dirt and mud on her white bike. She doesn't care though. She sees these imperfections as stories of her adventures. The dirtier the better.

She does have a license, and a beautiful car that she got for her 16th birthday earlier in the year that she's very grateful for, but she enjoys the freedom of riding her bike. The wind through her hair, and the unpredictability of the weather makes for an adrenaline rush.

Gwen's little brother, Dustin, had gone to the Wheelers earlier to play a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons. He had tried to explain the game to Gwen before, but she didn't understand a word he said. See, when Dustin gets excited about a certain subject, he rambles, taking about ten different directions of a conversation at once. She had nodded her head in faux understanding, but Dustin saw right through it.

Pulling into the Wheeler's drive way, Gwen slows to a stop, getting off her bike and kicking the kickstand to sit it up. She strolls up to the front door and knocks twice on the painted wood. As she waits, she puts her hands in the pockets of her jacket for some warmth.

After a few moments, the door opens to reveal Mrs.Wheeler. She's dressed in a pink knitted top and jeans. Always put together to keep up the act of a perfect life.

"Gwen, it's good to see you. How are you sweetie?" Mrs.Wheeler has always been sympathetic toward the Henderson girl. Everyone knew that she had a tough childhood by the way she acted when she was adopted three years ago, even if she refuses to talk about it.