35: School Dance

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

❝If you're lost, you can look, and you will find me

Time after time

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting

Time after time❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SCHOOL DANCE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The month after recent events had consisted in a lot of national news coverage and damage control by the lab. With the gate to the Upside Down closed, and almost every single staff member dead, they had to close down the facility.

Gwen felt pure joy when Hopper told her that.

With the lab closed, the Hollands were finally able to learn the truth- albeit, a watered down truth- about Barb's death. They were told that Barb had died due to exposure to an experimental drug, and while that wasn't what really happened, Gwen figures it was better that they didn't know the extent of their daughters gruesome fate.

Barb's funeral was difficult, but Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, and Gwen stood side by side, sharing the same guilt and sadness while Barbs parents cried for their lost daughter.

Gwen was just happy that they finally got some sense of closure.

Things between Gwen and Steve are going well. After things started to calm down they were able to start exploring a relationship between them. It's new and it's scary, but knowing that they both care for each other and genuinely like one another is enough for them to feel secure.

They truly love one another, and have for longer than they'd like to admit.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Gwen stands in front of her bedroom mirror, straightening out her dress with her hands. It had a flowing black top with a navy blue skirt. The skirt was embellished with shimmery gold paint in the shape of constellations. Gwen may have added that part herself.