30: Now or Never

I Love You Like An Alcoholic- The Taxpayers

❝ One last kiss

I love you like an alcoholic

One last kiss

I love you like a negligee

One last kiss

I need you like I need a broken leg ❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
NOW OR NEVER
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen, Dustin, and Steve all come to a stop at the entrance of the junk yard. It had a big open area in the middle and tons of scrap to make a fortified hide out.

"Oh, yeah," Steve nods. "Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine."

Gwen smiles at her brother and nudges his shoulder. "Good call, Dusty," she says, following Steve.

Dustin smiles proudly and nods to himself before following the other two, dropping slices beef as he walks. When they get to the middle of the junkyard, a few yards away from an old school bus, they drop the rest of the meat in a pile.

"I said medium-well!"

Their heads snap up to be met with Lucas and Max. Gwen recognizes her from both getting out of Billy's car and from that day on the field.

"Took you long enough!" Gwen calls.

"Who's that?" Steve glances between Max and the Hendersons.

Dustin doesn't answer, instead he keeps his eyes on Max who's approaching them with crossed arms. Gwen and Steve give each other a knowing look before Lucas and Max catch up.

"Hey, guys," Lucas rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

Instead of greeting them, Dustin pulls Lucas away and behind a car.

Gwen looks back at Max and smiles. "We haven't really had a chance to meet. I'm Gwen."

"Max," She introduces herself shyly.

"Steve," he nods.

Gwen hands Max a hammer and nails as she picks up a scrapped wooden board. They walk over to the bus as Steve goes off to do his own thing. Gwen switches with Max so that she's hammering the nails and Max is holding the board against the bus.